“Love this place”

Villa Roma Italian Ristorante
Ranked #29 of 338 Restaurants in Cypress
Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

The place is very unassuming. The food is terrific. The tables are topped with white tablecloths, and it's a nice and quiet environment. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of food. And there is a good wine selection.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

I don’t normally like to drive too far to eat somewhere but one day several months ago we were on our way home from the Cypress area and stumbled upon this restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised! Love the atmosphere the music and the attentiveness of the wait staff. It has an upscale appeal, but it’s not too stuffy. So recently we decided to go back and drove the 30 minutes to get there. Hubby got a shrimp and lobster plate with white cream sauce and I ordered the Trout Almondine it was almost a bit too fishy tasting but the buttery white wine sauce helped. I would definitely recommend this place and look forward to going back again.

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Having moved to Houston yesterday, we had nothing in the fridge and were not inclined to cook tonight. So we looked up a place on tripadvisor to try out some local cuisine and found Villa Roma. the ambiance is cozy and intimate and the waitstaff are very attentive. the complimentary bread and bruschetta was tasty. the bruschetta tasted freshly made. however the fried cheese ravioli tasted like they were a frozen product. I ordered the chicken marsala with pasta and the house salad. my husband ordered the veal piccata. the marsala sauce was like a buttery chicken and mushroom gravy over the tender chicken. the carrot, zucchini, squash medley (with a single broccoli floret) was toothsome and well-seasoned and my pasta with marinara was al dente and fairly good. the marinara was almost a cross between a pomodoro and marinara in that it had the raw freshness of the pomodoro but thicker like a marinara. the veal piccata sauce had a lot of lemon bite to it and was a skosh too thick (too much cornstarch?). it was good but it overwhelmed the veal (which was very tender).

we shared tiramisu for dessert and it was good. the chocolate sauce drizzled on top was a bit too sweet and watery for me. the sponge had a coarser consistency than many tiramisu i've had but it wasn't unpleasant. just different. the fresh blueberries didn't really add anything to the plate.

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

The place is truly great!! Not many people know about it, which they need to!! It's a quiet, nice and romantic Italian restaurant in Cypress. The food is delicious.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

My wife and I have been twice and I can only say it is more than worthy of the 5 star rating. Impeccable service, Pablo is the best and you can feel his love for the business. The appetizers, entrees salads and deserts are all fresh, crisp and amazing.. it's a bit hard to find but don't miss the chance. Definitely has become our go to place. It's nice to avoid the chain restaurants and have a meal that you feel was prepared just for you. And honestly they go out of their way to do just that.