New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #39 of 3,499 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In the heart of Oak Lawn just south of the Lemmon/Oak Lawn intersection and minutes from downtown Dallas, this is the first market that started it all! Welcome to Eatzi's Market & Bakery, a European-style eatery, where every day is another chance to create great food for great people! We make the food you've eaten your whole life and the food you've never tried before with the help of a team committed to superb service. Our atmosphere is intimate but casual, so we make it easy to select and savor exactly what you're craving.
Dallas, Texas
“When a casual tasty meal is needed on the fly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

A diet nightmare, a savior of many! Excellent food, service and experience. It's the home to the uptown residents and business community...something for everyone and always delicious!

“Addicted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I am addicted to their fresh food and large portion sizes from the grill. The atmosphere is friendly even tho it's just a pick up place. I have been eating there everyday for a month. Don't judge me! Lol

“Best in Take Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Definitely the place to go when you want to heat and eat...or if you need to "prepare" something for guests quickly at home

Memphis
“Sushi Bread and Wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

This place is awesome. They bake the bread at the front of the store, so you can smell it when you walk in. Then they offer samples of the breads throughout the store with various jellies and dipping sauces. Most surprising was the sushi. It was $12, but it was better and bigger roll than the sushi that I paid more for the night before at a local sushi bar. The rainbow roll is huge. The salads looked great too. I'll definitely go back the next time I visit Dallas.

• Visited February 2012
Durham, NC
“Excellent Eating at eatZi's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

How my husband and I wish there were an eatZi's Market & Bakery in Raleigh-Durham! Despite both of us loving to cook, we would be at this “European-style eatery” numerous times a month. They say it is the place in Dallas for enjoying gourmet food without the gourmet restaurant prices. To us, it appears to be the hip and trendy place to go to eat. Why not? They prepare everything in house and sell it to the consuming public. Some people describe eatZi’s like Whole Foods. We find it is better than that – like a small Fresh Market.
Upon our bed and breakfast’s chef’s recommendation, we originally went to eatZi’s to buy some baked goods for my meetings in downtown Dallas. When we entered the restaurant / gourmet grocery store, the place was bustling with people to buy the excellent meats, delicious cheeses and the numerous prepared meals. There were gorgeous fresh vegetable salads that shouted to be taken. The green bean salad looked absolutely beautiful. Since I was on a mission, I headed to their bakery area where there were numerous breads, including Challah. There was the traditional Challah, but there were also many round challahs, too. We bet many people buy them just to make French toast on the weekends. The very friendly person in the baked goods section was extremely helpful in getting me a great variety of eatZi’s baked goods. She packed them nicely for my trip to the conference room. Every single baked good she gave us was tasty. Since I had some left over, I schlepped them back home, and the baked goods still were delicious two days later! Now, that says something since they do not have preservatives.
Some of the reviewers say it is expensive or “a little expensive”, but that did not stop us coming back three hours before our flight out of DFW. This time we got in the long line for the gourmet sandwiches (There was also a long one for the salads, too.). We did not worry about missing our flight because just as our B&B told us, the line moved quickly. My husband got a fantastic roast beef sandwich on eatZi’s sourdough bread. I opted for the turkey on eatZi’s special artisan bread. There are numerous condiments that one can add to a sandwich. It is a lot more and a lot better than what one can get at a Subway. Remember: This is a “European-style eatery”.
If you want a fresh salad, you will go crazy. We think what one can get here is quite better than Whole Foods. There are various types of greens to start out with. Grilled salmon, various meats, including grilled chicken, can be added to the huge serving of salad. There are dressings galore. We understand their balsamic dressing is great. eatZi’s will combine everything together for you to eat there or for you to take home.
If there are any negatives about this wonderful place, there is not a lot of seating for dining in. Most of the seating is outside, which is covered and partially tented during the winter months. When we were there, the seats were all taken. Parking is a little tight at times, but we never had to wait for a space to open up.
When you are in Dallas, head to eatZi’s for the top-notch food and the friendly service. The drive to this part of town will be well worth it!

• Visited January 2012