“Rufus T.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 197 Hotels in Dallas
Shreveport, La
“Rufus T.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stay at this property on every visit to Dallas. The rooms are especially clean & the grounds are always well kept. The staff is both courteous & helpful & will go the extra mile. It's very centrally located & has a nice pool & other cozy outdoor areas to enjoy. This place is great for individuals, couples or families. Great price also!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rufus T
James N, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us and other busy travelers.
We look forward to your next trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We were stopping through Dallas for one night and got two rooms. This is a clean hotel with friendly and helpful service. We slept great in the comfortable beds and it was quiet! Security presence was around the parking lot all hours. The attention to detail is awesome here down to the fanned washcloths and kleenex box in the bathroom. They thought of everything so you don't have to. This is hands down the best place we have ever stayed. Before you go to sleep be sure and set both thermostats in your room, there are two. Enjoy!

2 Thank toolgal2
James N, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am more than happy to convey your kind words to our team.
We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This place was Super clean! Not a single bug! Security constantly was present patrolling parking lots! Very safe and secure feeling. Fantastic service. Nice people! Very affordable!

2 Thank Jenileib
Thank you so much for the kind words. I will convey this to our hard working housekeeping staff. I know it will make them smile. We hope we have a chance to see you again in the near future.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is my first for Candlewood, and they will see me again for sure. A large suite with all the necessities of feeling like your in an apartment fully furnished. The bed was very comfortable and pool outside looked very inviting. Just too cold to swim right now, but will have me doing a back stroke next time.
Fitness room was very nice!

2 Thank John S
James N, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
We are so pleased that your first time at a Candlewood Suites will not be your last. We thank you so much for the review and we hope we get a chance to see you in warmer weather. The pool will be waiting for you.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Great hotel for long and short stays. Very friendly people at front desk. Valerie Guerra ( manager) made our stay very enjoyable. Will be definetly coming back every time I'm in Dallas. Rooms are suite style with stove, refrigerator, microwave, dish washer and all the utencils. Make a huge difference when you're staying for a couple of days. Restaurants and fast food places near by.
Excelent overall!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Alpha S
We thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that Valerie took great care of you. We hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed here with another couple on a Saturday night. The manager was working the front desk and was very nice, he commented about what a super rate we received (thanks to holiday-inn.com). We chose this location due to price, we wanted something Uptown but with rooms costing over $200 a night, I was sure we could do better. I found this place for $60.99 + tax. We needed a double in one room which is what was on our reservation but were given 2 singles, luckily the manager was easily able to correct the situation. As I went to take a shower, I didn't realize that the shower nozzle was pointed directly out of the shower and at my face, I guess the housekeeper is some sort of sadistic practical joker. She apparently had done this enough times that the drywall had been repaired from multiple soakings. The other couple we stayed with who were next door had the same experience, I wish I could have warned them in advance. Overall though, the front desk workers were nice and the room was nice and I would stay here again, just remember to watch out for the shower!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations IHGCare at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear ljmzta,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am happy to hear you were please with your stay.
I am concerned about your comments with the shower head. Im sorry you got sprayed. I will share your comments with housekeeping to make sure this doesn't happen to any one else.

Thanks again and happy traveling!!

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Faced with 5-days in the same city (Dallas, Texas) attending a conference I chose to stay at The Candlewood Suites on the Stemmons Freeway. Financially a much better deal than staying in one of the conference hotels and it had everything I needed.

I prefer to stay in a suites hotel when I am in a city for more than a few days and the Candlewood was everything that I expected; so I wasn’t disappointed nor was I amazed by any of the services provided.

The ‘Candlewood Cupboard’ provided adequate sustenance when I needed something in addition to the ‘conference food’ I was getting elsewhere, and tubs of Haagen-Dazs for that 3 am snack when I was battling with jet-lag. I only wish that they had had an alternative to the incredibly sweet pastries that are obviously the delight of all Americans. Something bland, like plain wholemeal bread, for those of us who choose not to take on masses of sugar with every bite, would have been appreciated, and perhaps a pop up toaster in the room would have been nice.

The Shuttle Bus was, for me, a bit of a disaster. Not as easy to arrange as they would have you think. I ended up at the wrong rail station on the first morning, and I quickly gave up the idea of using it and relied on taxis ($18 to the Dallas Convention Centre), which the Front Desk quickly and cheerfully arranged for me.

Next time I have to stay for a few days in another American City I will probably be back at the Candlewood Suites as it is comfortable and does represent value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business