“Home away from Home”

Ranked #70 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Schulenburg, Texas
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Very quiet and convenient. Great staff! Clean comfortable rooms I was well rested to start my day. Not many places do the owners chat with you and get to know you. They make a great breakfast and I was very impressed with the Texas shaped waffles! I made new friends and will be going back to visit them whenever I stay in Dallas.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed here due to the location being quick to the freeway that takes us to Scottish Rite. We got special rates for patients of Scottosh Rate which saved us a great amount due to the 2 1/2 hours we live away from Dallas. We selected this hotel also for the indoor pool. A little fun before our daughter's surgery. Pool area was heated, water was not, which isn't a big deal, you get used to it and I'm cold natured anyways. My husband and daughter didn't think anything of it. Hot tub was pleasant. The room was clean, we got a king for plenty of room for our daughter after the surgery. Staff continued to ask how she was doing. The breakfast bar was filled with plenty of choices and tasted great. We had problem with our door, the mechanism that automatically closes the door broke, wasn't a big deal, I can take the time to close the door, we let them know so they could be aware and they constantly asked if we wanted to switch rooms to which we said really its ok! :). But they just wanted the stay to be great. Would I stay again, absolutely. One man particular at the front desk of Hispanic origin or I hope I got that right, I'm of Hispanic origin...he was very sweet and attentive. Really was a nice guy!

• Stayed April 2012
Lansing, Kansas
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We spent a weekend with friends in Dallas. The hotel has a frindly and very helpful staff. The rooms are awesome and very clean. Although not in the very best area of Dallas it was quit and without any problem to reach e.g. AA Center in 10 and downtown Dallas in 15 min by car. Great breakfast. A good experience all around for a very good value.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Miami Beach, Fl
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Thank you for providing a wonderful stay. Specifically I enjoy the quality of staff you have working. Location is a bit to be desired.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Pine Knoll Shores, NC
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Everyone was helpful and friendly. Allowed an early check-in. Breakfast was nice, selection varied each day. Pool and hot-tub and exercise room were well maintained. A pleasant experience all around. The neighborhood isn't great-you would not want to walk around outside after dark, but the shuttle to nearby places was nice and it is easy to get around if you have a car.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Weston
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Could not believe the location, a reasonable distance from downtown and airport and right next to the Men's Club in red light district. All the taxi drivers new the location by this reference marker. Having said that it was very clean, well appointed and good value. Breakfast is typically low-cost US Style- reasonable range of self help cooked food and continental ingredients, but with styrofoam plates, plastic KFS and cups. Staff were pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012
Sunita B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dallas/ Love Field, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for taking time to post comments on your April stay. I'm pleased that you found the Baymont Dallas Love Field Hotel to be a great value and to be well appointed. The hotel is known to local taxi drivers to be located in "Restaurant Row" area which hosts MANY different types of businesses. Within a 1/4 mile of Baymont Dallas Hotel, there are 6 other MAJOR franchise hotels, 30 different restaurants, United States FBI and DEA buildings, our Dallas Police Station Harry Hines substation, Mary Kay Cosmetics & Sara Lee Bakery Distribution Centers, Jaguar Car Dealership, manufacturing companies and many more. One of the entrances to Baymont Dallas is just off I-35N access road via Stemmons Trail from Northwest Hwy or via Story lane exit from Northwest Hwy.

Being a city hotel that is 8 miles from downtown Dallas area, Baymont Dallas provides home-style hospitality in a modern, contemporary setting suitable for Business traveler or the Family vacationer. School, Church groups love our indoor corridor with indoor pool feature. Our staff is committed to providing personal, genuine service with a smile to give our guest an excellent guest stay experience.

As a Mid-Scale hotel, we provide our guests with many ABOVE standard amenities and services that are INCLUDED in the room rate such as a full breakfast buffet (with hot food items like scrambled eggs, sausages/ bacon, biscuits, gravy, waffles PLUS all the continental breakfast menu items of pastries, breads, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereals, milk, coffee, tea & juice), WIFI, in-room coffee, in-room microwave & refrigerator, use of modern fitness center, business center & guest laundry facilities to name a few.

Our goal is to provide a great value for your stay. Our convenient location next to I-35 freeway gives guests easy access to nearby major freeways and quick 8 to 10 minutes drive into downtown.

Thank you for your feedback. Baymont Dallas Love Field Hotel and staff welcome your future stay on your next visit to Dallas.

Sam Bhikha GM
Albuquerque
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had never planned a Family Reunion, and was operating with a constraint: my cousin and his wife would be staying at the University of Dallas, so we needed to be close by. I looked at all the hotels within driving distance of the U of D, and circulated information about each to all the family members I was inviting. My family chose Baymont Inn - Dallas Love, and I'm so glad they did. From the very beginning, the Marketing person at the Baymont was concerned about our reunion, and went out of her way to suggest the right room (my daughter and I had a suite with a NICE living room that was a hang-out for everyone!), activities while staying at the hotel, and the best food. She also stopped by at breakfast, when several of us were chatting, and charmed everyone. With everything so automated now, I almost expect to be greeted by a computer in any hotel -- but the Baymont Inn was exactly the opposite. Human beings who care about your experience -- wow, who knew? One specific incident stands out for me: When I got to the suite, there weren't enough chairs for everyone who would be coming. The man who helped me brought several chairs ... then I asked for a game table. "We don't have game tables," he said. "Let me see what I can do." Ten minutes later he was back, and he had the PERFECT game table, which stayed in our suite throughout the reunion and was used for playing cards and Boggle and Scattergories, and for looking through photo albums of people from another time who ... strangely ... looked a lot like us. It was perfect! I just loved the Baymont Inn, and would return there in a heartbeat. And if I were to do that, I feel confident that I would be warmly and personally greeted.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family