“Beautiful Hotel, Restaurant and Bar”
Review of The Joule, Dallas

The Joule, Dallas
Ranked #7 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful Hotel, Restaurant and Bar”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

For Xmas, my husband and I decided to book a suite at the Joule. Great idea. The suite was wonderful. Clean. The bathroom was beautiful with a large soaking tub, a shower room and excellent lighting. It was incredibly trendy and modern without being intimidating and cold. I can't get over the bathroom. It was so nice!!! Also, it was very nice to be next door to Neiman Marcus. The staff was excellent and even helped us get on the VIP list at a club. Anything we asked for was done. At first, I did not want to eat at the restaurant. I'm a simple southern girl and don't like anything too 'frou frou', but the waiter was incredibly patient and courteous. The bartenders were atttentive. Would I stay here again? In a New York minute.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My girlfriend and I took a quick weekend trip to Dallas to catch up with friends and catch a Stars hockey game. We wound up staying at the Joule and were blown away. The service was top notch from the minute we pulled up front and were greeted by the valet. We were in a hurry to get over to the American Airlines Center, as the hockey game was just about to start as soon as we got into town, so after we quickly dropped off our bags, we took advantage of the Joule's courtesy driver and were quickly chauffeured there in time to see the puck drop. It was a nice day so we opted to walk back after the game as it's only about a mile away.
The room was stayed in was very chic yet amazingly comfortable. High end details throughout the room and a very comfortable bed. My girlfriend got a chance to enjoy a soak in the jacuzzi bathtub, but I, being over 6'4, was partial to the rain shower head in the shower which I could stand (upright) under WITH ROOM TO SPARE (this rarely happens for me). Checkout was a breeze and we got a couple of complementary waters for the road as well as some of their hand lotion which the girlfriend was addicted to by the time we left. For our next stay we need to remember to bring swimwear so we can take advantage of the rooftop pool and poolside bar, which looked like it had a fun vibe to it. Next time we're in Dallas we'll definitely be staying at Joule again.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at the Joule this weekend for a one night getaway. Pulled up on the drive and Raul was there to greet us with a warm welcome! He was so delightful to talk to, he gave us recommendations to nearby places and directed us to the Front Desk where we were greeted by another friendly face. The front desk agent, I think his name was Ben, was so polite and sweet and our check in process went really well. At night, Andrew was our driver and he was the absolute best. He took us to the best places with no hesitation and our communication was perfect. Dropped us off, picked us up and had the best conversations with him about Dallas nightlife! Last but not least, I'd like to give a shout out to the Front Desk Supervisor, Levi Krehbiel. He was nice enough to upgrade us to a beautiful suite and send up a bottle of bubbly! Made our getaway even better! Kudos to the staff who gave such lovely service. We love the Joule and will most definitely be back! Thanks again.

Austin, TX
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Joule In late January. We stayed in a deluxe room. It was by no means big, but it was perfect for two. We both loved the shower. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We used the free car service several times and the drivers all had great recommendations for places to go and to eat. We wish the weather had been warmer so we could have tried out the pool. My only complaint about our room was that one side faced east and the bathroom window was not adequately covered so the morning sun lit up the whole room. Not great if you're trying to sleep in.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Positives: Unbelievably friendly and attentive staff. Location is perfect. The Pool is awesome. The restaurant is great. The rooms were great. Bed was very comfortable. The shower was fantastic (large and awesome water pressure.) The lobby is cool. The gym is big and well equipped. The hotel car was very available, and we made great use of is. The drivers were very friendly and helpful. Reserved room on Hotwire and got a incredible deal. The normal prices are quite high, and the negatives below would have bothered me more if I payed full price.

Negatives: I want to see the Joule when it finishes its construction project. Early morning backing up of construction trucks was annoying (7am). I gave the Joule 4 stars on condition due to the construction, but it is a 5 star property in my opinion. Their was one hiccup in the cleanliness of the room. I found used gum under and at the bottom of the sheets, which was annoying (and quickly and thoroughly addressed), but other than that, the room was pristine.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed two nights at the Joule. We certainly did not get recognised for an upgrade as a Starwood Gold Member.

This hotel would have been adequate if the room price was much less. You get no view . I opened my curtains to a view of the construction site. We complained and they just moved us to an even smaller room with the same view. The staff are all young and good looking with little knowledge of service expectations.

The gym is in desperate need of an upgrade. I was so amazed at the rust on the equipment. I took a photo of it with my camera. I have stayed in the finest resorts in the world and Starwood has placed this hotel in their Luxury Collection. It needs to be removed ASAP. It might be where the young people of Texas go to spend their money on dinner and drinks in the bar but its not the place to stay overnight. The only service which was spot on was the car parking service and staff.

The turn down service was another amazing experience. I had a rather loud banging on my door to find a maid who said (Who spoke little english) 'downturn you have ice". She then handed me a bag , yes a bag of ice. I took it with astonishment.. if ice is all the guests want from this hotel it says it all about the culture this hotel is trying to achieve. No refund on items we complained about.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, they charged me for cold coffee and tea do you think they refund me the money I spe...
9 Thank gavinchambers
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The hotel is very central around the bars and restaurants, and only 10 min. walk from the JFK museum. Certainly 5 Star, the quality of the fittings and furnishings is very high in all areas of the hotel and function rooms. Food was delicious. The most outstanding thing about this hotel was the customer service. Everybody was extremely helpful and pleasant no matter what their role was. I would certainly go there again.

Room Tip: There is a bit of building work going on at the moment on the vacant land at the back and to the sid...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business