“Dirty, Rude Staff, Nothing Works, Pool Empty, Roaches”
Review of Sunstone Inn

Sunstone Inn
Ranked #168 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 11 May 2016

We got Screwed! First off we stopped at the Super 8 in Richardson to rent a room, I had sent my son in to rent it and he came out smiling like he had gotten us a treat. For 80 bucks he had gotten us a SUITE at the Days Inn a sister hotel of Super 8! Well not only was it in another town it was also far away from where we needed to be. On Mothers Day this was turning out to be a nightmare..... but I thought Carla a nice afternoon at the pool and you will forget all about it. WHAT a joke! Pulling up all you see is an Empty dirty slab of concrete....pictures added

We go to check in room and it was beyond filthy! Pictures added. wires dangling down wall, tiny tv that is blocked by a chest wall closet, filthy bathroom, fridge that does not work, microwave that does not start. carpet that was so dirty that it filled my vaccum that I carry with me twice!

I was enraged! I walked down to thee desk and told the desk clerk PAUL that we wanted out money back... he refused! I took tons of pictures. The foyer is embedded with filth, and last night was the kicker a dead roach on my toothepaste!

The breakfast is the hardest 2 week old donuts that you have ever eaten, and when I would go down for coffee at 8am Paul would start hammering about the room rent! at 8 am! When I told him that the fridge did not work he told me to get out! I did nothing wrong except to ask for what I paid for and I am staying till tomorrow... to get more photos!

The place is very hard to get to, and corporate does not return complaint calls. If you want a nice clean place to stay avoid this place, where hospitality is an unknown word.

I have found that I became a homebody because of places like this. Very few hotels are what they say they are. Out of the many hotels I have had to stay in recently only 2 have had my heart. Hyatt House in Addison and Quality Inn in Richardson (though they are not good to take people with mental disablities)

Room Tip: Avoid room 230, but Paul saaid this is his best room........ oh my
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 May 2016

I stay here because it is very close to my corporate office and I can get there in about 5 minutes. The rooms are ok. They are typically clean. This trip there was a musty smell in the room. Could be something to do with all the rain they've had. One thing I don't understand is why they have to take a photo copy of your drivers license and credit card when you check in. I always ask for it back when I check out, but that doesn't mean someone couldn't take the information and misuse it. Overall it's not a bad place to stay if you don't want a luxury hotel. I've never felt unsafe there and I always stay by myself.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Gross stains, dead bugs, ratty carpet, AC unit didn't work properly, sink was broken, hallways smelled heavily of smoke. DISGUSTING. We were booking a last minute work trip, and this was the only hotel with availability for our first night. Now i see why. No one who knows better would EVER stay here. I am surprised that Days Inn would allow this hotel to operate under their brand name. We were supposed to stay for 3 nights, and we checked out after 1.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

This particular Days Inn & Suites was amazing! Paul the manager was so nice. He made fresh coffee for me every single morning and made the whole stay so easy for me! Housekeeping was fast and came every day. Breakfast was great. Hotel is very clean and not noisy. I will definitely be staying here again next time I am in the Dallas area!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

We arrived for a one night stay. Unfortunately the card our travel company used had declined - this wasn't the first time on the trip but all other hotels had been lovely. However not the staff at the days inn. Shouting in my girlfriends face about it, she questioned at one point why the man, called Paul, was shouting at her as she reminded him she was the customer. He continued to shout to the point we walked out of the hotel and stayed somewhere else. Paul shouted after us "good we don't want your kind anyway"...absolutely shocking behaviour from a hotel reception. I would strongly recommend staying well clear. The staff are aggressive and rude, and the hotel looked dirty and smelt of curry. An absolute hovel - stay up the road at the Hampton inn. Lovely staff, friendly, & clean. Stay clear of the days inn at all costs, absolute dive with shocking customer service

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2016

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2016

This hotel is way out of date and needs serious renovations. The breakfast was not good, the faucet was loose in the room, our TV did not work, and there were cigarette burns in the sheets. I do not recommend this place. There was also mold in the bathroom and a ceiling falling down in the 3rd floor hallway.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
18.9 km away
21.6 km away
Knights Inn Market Center
Knights Inn Market Center
#154 of 212 in Dallas

Been to Sunstone Inn? Share your experiences!