Open today: 6:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Review Highlights
Such a fun evening!

My husband and I went to see The Living Walking Dead and weren't really sure what to expect - well... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Dee F
Midland, Texas
Excellent production "The forigener"

great performance, funny, and engaging. There is a strong reference to the KKK, they are portrayed... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Dallas CityPASS
20 Reviews
from US$49.00
More Info
All reviews dinner theater jason's deli tickets left live action front row lots of fun fun experience actors production stage acting scrooge spoof play audience quasi outing
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

We attend shows here often. Entertainment is good, but the food needs work. A Ruben sandwich is the only thing that is consistently good. Should be better food for a dinner theatre.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

We went to Pocket Sandwich Dinner Theater. The food was inexpensive but average. The acting on the other hand was superb. We went and saw "Scrooge". It followed very closely the movie. Bob Kratchet actually cried when Tiny Tim died. Now that's acting. I would highly recommend it, but leave the young ones at home with a sitter. The tickets were reasonable.

1  Thank Dianne75645
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Went and saw Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde, it was great. We laughed so hard. The team was fantastic. If you have never been you have to go. By tickets early. Sunday Is a good day to go. Ride the DART train to Mockingbird Station. That way you do not have to find parking, or traffic. We drank good wine. You throw popcorn and have fun. Take the kids after a adult night.

3  Thank P1906RKwilliamt
Reviewed July 26, 2017

We really enjoyed the Pocket Sandwich Theater! We were visiting from out of town and our family who lives in Dallas took us there. I love an intimate theater and the acting was really good. although its low budget production the material was so funny and entertaining. The whole popcorn throwing is hysterical too! The interaction between the actors and the audience was perfect. Great family night or date night. Really enjoyed ourselves.

1  Thank Anthromom439
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

I took my boys (ages 10 and 13) here for a surprise Thursday night outing just for something fun and silly that we haven't done before. We saw "Star Trip" which was a spoof on Star Trek and something the boys could understand and enjoy. Having read others reviews and looked at the dinner menu before hand, we opted to eat dinner next door at Jason's Deli before the show. Doors open for dinner and seating (which is first come first seated) at 6:30 for the 8pm show. I thought it might not be as crowded on a Thursday night so after we ate dinner, we walked in closer to 7pm. There was already a good crowd seated but we got lucky and were seated at the middle booth on the second level. Great seats but honestly the theater is so small that all of the seats are good. We still had an hour to go before show time so we ordered drinks and dessert to pass the time. There were several birthdays in the crowd including an 11 year old boy so my guys weren't the only kids there.

The theater's website lists specials perks and for this show you were supposed to get a free bucket of popcorn (for throwing at the actors during the show) if you yelled "Khan". Our waitress and the "popcorn engineer" had no idea what we were talking about when we brought this up but maybe we were supposed to say it when we checked in. It didn't matter though because the first bucket per couple is free and extra buckets are only 50 cents. It's hard to throw the popcorn to the stage from anywhere other than the front row but the boys and I had fun with it anyway.

Star Trip was great, the actors were fun and entertaining and for the price ($12 for adults, $10 for kids 12 and under) it was well worth it. My boys talked about it the whole way home and asked what other shows they do so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind going back.