“Convenient in many ways”

Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill
Ranked #109 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 19 December 2014

This hotel sits at the intersection of I-30 and Cockrell Hill Road, so getting here is easy because you can see it from the freeway. However, oddly, it sits behind a Shell station that a person must drive through to get there, or else drive way around by the Sonic restaurant or the hotel next door.

Altogether there are several restaurants nearby, including the restaurants in the mall across Cockrell Hill Road, and a bunch more on the opposite side of the freeway.

The rooms are spacious and clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. Internet service is free and good. The outdoor pool is closed except during the warm season. The small exercise room has three pieces of equipment.

The breakfast is complete with eggs, meat, Texas-shaped waffles, cereal, and the other usual items. It appears that the desk clerk does double duty setting up the food, so every morning something wasn't ready when breakfast began. One morning no forks, two mornings no yogurt, another morning no meat for 20 minutes, once no syrup, etc. This happened at every one of the six breakfasts we ate there. They need more staff.

One thing we truly appreciated at breakfast: The TV usually was off instead of blaring out at the people trying to eat. Even when it was on it wasn't loud. Blessings to the staff! We wish more hotels were that considerate.

Room Tip: The hotel is perpendicular to the freeway so no rooms actually face it. No room has a scenic view b...
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night and it's turned out to be a nightmare! The lady tried to say our card didn't go through and she would need to run it again. I never questioned it but gave her my card and let her run it again. As we were waiting for our keys I signed into my regions account and sure enough was charged twice. They have refused to correct this or comp us in ANY way. Said it would take a few days to sort itself out. Now with us th s t-shirt an issue because we were on a tight budget. They don't care and the manager said nothing she can do-her words exactly. Don't stay here. It's not worth it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicole_Shreveport
ComfortSuitesDallas, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Ms. Nicole Shreveport,

Thank you staying with us and sharing your experience with our hotel. Your feedback helps us provide a better experience for you and other future guests.

We can understand your disappointment with double authorization on your card and please allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your credit card. If you could please allow us to contact your bank I will try to get the authorization removed.

I have shared your feedback with all my Front Desk Team and our Assistant General Manager to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Dallas.

Kind Regards,

Diana Aguilera
(214) 267-0100

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel was ok for me. It was clean and the interior was update but showing small signs of wear. Being right next to a gas station/Sonic was interesting but didn't seem to be too distracting once inside. It was close to downtown area and decent for the price. The staff were what really made this hotel stand out. They were excellent.

1  Thank Eurokatie
ComfortSuitesDallas, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed due to World Series. Everything was excellent, rooms were cleaned everyday. Staff was friendly and help with any directions needed even offered to print out if I wanted. Breakfast was good, they changed the meat offered everyday. I was not comfortable parking in the back so I parked in the front. Probably would have been ok since the had a security patrolling the parking. The one and only complaint I have is they do have a laundry area and every time I went to front desk for quarters they never had any. So if you plan on using the washer/dryer bring a roll of quarters with you. This is a very nice hotel for the great price they offer. I will definitely stay here again! Lots of eating places around here.

2  Thank roshop
ComfortSuitesDallas, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It's our pleasure to make traveling as enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Have to be honest., never stayed at a CS before so wasn't sure how this would go. I am a Hilton person, but wanted to watch the budget on our vacation in Dallas. For $83 dollars a night, whats not to like? The room was huge with the two queens and a sofa bed. Breakfast was GREAT! It has everything a Hampton Inn has. Nothing less. The room was clean (everyday) and you could smell that things were new. Plus evening munchies if you want. I am highly impressed, which is not an easy task. The staff was nice, friendly, and gave me traffic advice numerous times. Liked our stay so much, I joined membership and Hampton Inn is but a memory. Right off 30, which seemed to be convenient to Six Flags and various tourist (family) spots. PLENTY of restaurants near hotel, some you can walk to. Convenience store right next door (so is the Hampton Inn). I just cant say enough good things. Once in your room, no traffic sounds. Again, just a great stay.

Room Tip: Join membership for extra deals on the room rates. I personally would stay away from the elevator...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Jandel Amina-Gabriel
Assistant General Manager
Comfort Suites West Dallas

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just needed a clean place to sleep while attending for a wedding.The staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. The rooms were clean and overall I was comfortable. The hotel has easy access to highway and downtown. Great value and great location...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lasha33
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The staff was very nice and friendly. The hotel is very close to shopping and places to eat. Great access to I-30 and minutes to Downtown Dallas. Took us 9 minutes to drive to Elm Street to see the sight of JFK's assassination. We didn't feel comfortable parking our car out along the back-side of the hotel (lots of theft warning signs), so we parked out front under a light. There were security cars patrolling the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple