“Best service from beginning to end”

Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill
Ranked #110 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 11 March 2017

The young man in the front desk Kaylon ( I believe that's his name) was such a great well spoken person. He made me feel comfortable and welcome. He answered all my questions and was just awesome to work with. The service here is good. Room nice and neatly clean and sanitized. Had more than enough towels. This is my 4th time staying here for different reasons and occasations. Each time is just a good experience for me and the kids. Thanks Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Carol C, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate you taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. I'm very pleased to hear that Kalon took great care of you and that you had a exceptional stay with us. We try very hard to make sure all guests leave happy and well rested. Kalon is a newer employee so it's great to hear we made a good choice in hiring him. :) He will be rewarded for receiving this review as well. Thank you once again so much for sharing, we hope to see you again in the near future and if you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

We only stayed here one night. The hotel itself was fine, our room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was okay, typical of this type of hotel. The only thing I wasn't thrilled with was the parking arrangements. We arrived to check in around 11:30pm, after attending a game at AT&T stadium. Parking was completely full around the perimeter of the hotel, as I drove completely around to double check. Although in reality I wouldn't have parked around back anyway since it was extremely dark and I was alone with my kids. I had to park in front of the adjacent Gas Station. The upside was that it was well lit. But I wasn't entirely comfortable leaving my car there when it was obvious we would be at the hotel. I felt it pretty points a finger, letting thieves know that if they were to break in, nobody would notice! (Side note, the gas station itself was closed at that time of night so I am not sure if it was good or bad that there wasn't a flow of people coming and going). The price was reasonable comparatively to hotels closer to AT&T, so for that reason I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Jandel G, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Dear Texasgirl219,

We really do value your feedback on how your stay was with us here at the Comfort Suites Dallas. We are very pleased to hear you had a good stay and everything went good for you. We will work on making sure our guests know better where to park. We do have extra parking all the way next to the Hampton next door in fact our guests at times think it belongs to Hampton instead of us. We will work on posting more signs so you don't have to drive all around looking for a spot or have to park at the gas station. One plus side is we do have security 24hr a day and several very friendly officers that pop in randomly to check on everything. :) Thank you again for staying with us and for helping us know what we can work on. We hope you have a wonderful week and come back again very soon to visit.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Was in town for a high school play off game. I read the reviews and was very pleased with the hotel. It looks really new or renovated. The bathrooms were very neat and clean. It is really convenient to eating places. Not a lot of road noise even though it is right by the freeway. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Jandel G, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Randy,

We are delighted to hear you had a great stay with us here at the Comfort Suites. We try very hard to make sure everyone leaves 100% satisfied. Hopefully your game went well also. :) We look forward to your return and once again thank you so much for staying with us. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

Leave the room at 11am and tell the office boy .. Please send housekeeping to my room I will be back at 11pm... oh yes!!! then I returned and what? my room is a mess. call the office and they told me. the priority are the new customers... I payed 3 nights in advance and now I am not the priority? its not GOOD... its very BAD Service.

Just 20 cars spots in the parking lot. I had to park my truck on a gas station!!!!!!

Dear valued guest,

We are very sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay. I do promise to look into your issue and follow up with all staff. We do have additional parked to the left side of the hotel and it extends all the way to the next hotel. I will make sure my staff knows to let people know about parking in that area. Once again we are extremely sorry and we will work hard on fixing these issues. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we wish you the best this holiday season.

Carol Scott - General Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2016

This hotel was nice, clean, and near lots of stores and restaurants. The fitness room could have been better, but everything else was up to par.
Breakfast was pretty good and the rooms were fairly large.
Was close enough to downtown Dallas for a pretty cheap Uber ride.

James,

Thank you so much for sharing your review with trip advisor travelers. We are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay here and look forward to your return visit. We do try very hard to make sure each guest leaves as happy as you. Once again thank you for the review and please come back soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2016

At check out I was accused of having a dog in my room all week. I was charged $75 for a PET FEE... I was in town for work. Both my dogs were at home with pet sitters. When I checked out I was told they had a complaint of a dog in the room by housekeeping and their housekeeper had an allergic reaction to a dog. they said the house head house keeper confirmed there was a dog in my room. I told the manager I never had a dog in my room. They guy I traveled with (who had a different room) confirmed I had no dog. The manager didn't want to listen to anything I had to say. I tried to tell the manager I have 2 dogs at home and sometimes do travel with my dogs so pet dander on my suit case is possible. I also travel with my own comforter which can also have pet dander on it BUT I had no dog. I asked for video proof from their cameras which has not been provided. Believe me IF i had my dogs with me they would of known. For one thing I dont hide them when I travel. Also my dogs are very social and say hello to people they see. I also couldn't sneak my dog in because 1 is older and would need the elevator instead of stairs No way to sneak them in...

I asked why I wasn't notified when they discovered I supposedly had a dog and was told we have to do extra cleaning to the room now anyways so it wasn't worth it. I said I had a DND sign on the door and was told they can still go in anytime they want.

Oh, that's fine... Only I DIDNT have a dog in the room IF I did they would know because younger dog would of been so happy to see someone he would of jumped on them and probably scratched them.

Long story short... I HAD NO DOG with me on this trip.....They can't tell me if they saw a small, medium, or large dog.. what color, what type, etc. they cannot provide proof... Why??? Because I never had a dog in my room. If there was one they had the wrong room! false accusations SO NOT COOL..

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank BethL4
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

This is one of the nicest rooms we have stayed in. Nice and clean. The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. They even had a little happy hour before dinner. Convenient to the interstate, Wal-mart and restaurants. Very nice.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family