“Great Hotel for a Business Trip to Dallas”

Aloft Dallas Downtown
Ranked #67 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
NW Arkansas
“Great Hotel for a Business Trip to Dallas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

First and foremost, the staff at Aloft in Dallas is top notch. I stayed there for a week long business trip at the Dallas Convention Center (0.5 miles away) and I had nothing but the most exceptional customer service experience. My room was perfect. Everything is laid out exactly how I would have done it. The amenities were great. The atmosphere was superb. The WXYZ bar in the lobby was first-class. Their onsite parking was only $10.00/night which is far less than any of the other hotels around and the site is within walking distance of everything. I've stayed at a number of other Aloft hotels around the country and this one is by far the best. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side of the building have a much better view. I stayed on the 6th floor, North s...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, convenient to the Dallas Convention Center, the Aloft offers a unique style that may be considered a little off center.
Warehouse or loft style rooms expose concrete, support pillars, and brick walls that add to the charm of this hotel.
The amenities are fantastic workout room , pool, bar, and just a lounging area provide a nice place to congregate. Wireless and wired internet in the rooms keeps you connected, while the bar offers a nice atmosphere.
Staff is friendly, and accommodating, and the house keeping staff is wonderful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We were in Dallas for an event at the convention center. The Aloft was straight across the street.

We were on the ninth floor. Our room wasn't a loft style. I loved our room, it was beautiful and comfortable. The ninth floor was added onto the top, the other floors are more loft like, with exposed brick and such.

The lobby has something going on every night, stay above the third floor if noise bothers you. I saw some interesting events during my 4 day stay. There is a convenient area in the lobby that sells essentials and snack foods. It was much more cost effective to go to CVS a couple blocks away.

The lobby and bar are absolutely beautiful. I loved hanging out down there.

I hope to stay at the Aloft every time I'm in Dallas.

• Stayed February 2012
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I was pleased to stay here during a conference at the Convention Center--just 1 block away--and found that I was paying less than many other conference attendees staying in hotels blocks farther away. Room was huge, well kept, designed for modern electronics, and the bar is fun. The breakfast to go area in the lobby works fine with me, I don't need anything fancier! I love staying in an old building (a former warehouse) with a history!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Manningjen
Midland Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last weekend. We have stayed here many times before, it’s such a nice place to relax, and at a great price! Nice clean rooms, and very well managed! My wife and I were at the bar one night, and it was very crowded, but one of the managers was out on the floor, making sure everyone was being taken care of. Thank you Marci Wenrich! You are a true asset to your company! All in all, another great stay at the Aloft!
Greg

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

A three night stay for business was my first experience with the aloft brand. The things that are most important to me they did well - comfortable bed/clean sheets, large and well appointed room, quality towels, social area in lobby, decent fitness center, and location to the convention center. Also front desk staff is well trained and very helpful.

The little things were where they fell down a bit, and would concern me as the hotel ages a bit - torn wallpaper in my room, useless coffee maker, cheap toilets that require multiple flushes, iron didn't work. Some attention to details would make this an excellent stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I had a fine stay at Aloft when I was there in January for a convention. The convention center was just a block or so away so I could sleep much later than if I'd been staying elsewhere! The rooms were clean and spacious, and housekeeping was prompt and thorough. I liked being able to grab breakfast to go in the lobby, which also had lots of seating for hanging out with colleagues. It was just what I needed.

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business