See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

Arrived late and could not fine a hotel close to love field came across this place $161.00 room for a king. The front desk clerk was nice and security then you go beyond the front desk. Yikes, scary dirty place I was tired and did not want to argue about condition of room. Dirty shower, dirty bed linen they don't use a fitted sheet just a queen flat for a king bed so your laying on a stained mattress. I kept my clothes on. Please see pictures many rooms marked with handwritten signs.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Travelingczechman
Reviewed July 2, 2016

We booked this hotel through Southwest as we had a short layover in Dallas. We made the HUGE mistake of not reading reviews. We arrived at the airport at about 11:45 p.m. and called for the free shuttle. We were told in a rather snarky voice that it would 15 to 20 minute before they could get there. Climbed onto the van and it reeked of cigarette smoke and the driver was blaring old rock music all the way to the hotel. As we barreled down the road I could see that the lane we were in was blocked with highway cones, the driver accelerated toward them and at the last minute seemed to come awake and jerked the van into the right lane. The lobby was dimly lit and dirty and the front desk clerk mostly non-communicative. I had to ask about the "free breakfast" and he begrudgingly gave us two vouchers. I had hoped things would improve at the elevator, but that was sadly not to be. The 8th floor was covered in carpet that was wavy and coming up. Each door looked like it had been kicked in somehow with black shoe marks on each and every one. The carpet in the room was stained and the chips and mold in the bathtub not at all appealing. The "hand towel" was a rag that had evidently been torn from another towel and left. I was fearful to get in the bed and certainly did not want to touch anything. The televisions are from the 90's. In the morning I took a shower and the bath towel appeared okay until unrolled and it was also torn, frayed and had interesting stains. It took a bit to find the breakfast room and I was concerned about eating there. There was no air conditioning in the "dining room" and we were told to sit near the entrance because some cold air might come in. We had to ask for silverware after the food arrived. We returned to our room to get our things and wait for our friends to pick us up. When we went to the elevator we waited quite a while, but it did arrive. Fifteen minutes later there was an out of order sign on the elevator, so I was glad that we survived the ride and my 86 year old husband did not have to walk down from the 8th floor. As we waited in the lobby it was difficult to find a seat that you felt was safe to sit upon. The front desk clerk was totally disinterested. Then I heard the sound of water plopping and looked over to see the ceiling leaking in the lobby with two buckets under it. As I waited another guest approached me to ask if I could sell him a pen. He had asked the front desk for a pen but was informed that they didn't have any and he had to write a letter. I gave him the pen. Whatever you do, don't stay here. I am grateful that my husband was on antibiotics and that gave him a measure of protection.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank The1Heath
Reviewed May 18, 2016

The hotel is located in a sketchy part of town. Did not feel real safe walking in the parking lot. They have a parking garage, but I drove into it and drove right out. Very spooky!

The lobby area looks OK, but that is where it stopped. The hallways are dark and musty, the carpet is simply disgusting and there was a dead roach in the hallway. Unfortunately, the room was not much better. Filthy carpet and furniture, an old style TV with bad reception and my sleep number bed did not work. I went to the front desk to get a new battery for the sleep number remote and the clerk looked at me like I had two heads. When he could not produce a new 9 volt battery for the remote, they did move me to a different room (it was midnight). The new room was a repeat of the first one. Everything was dusty, the carpet was gross, the light above the bathroom sink was broken, and another light in the bathroom was actually taped over. The reception on the TV in the new room was even worse than the first. To top it off, this sleep number bed did no work either. I just gave up. It was like sleeping on an air mattress.

Twenty years ago this was probably a pretty nice hotel. Unfortunately, it has been neglected for years. It will take a total gutting of the hotel to make it acceptable again. Until you KNOW that has happened, I would avoid.

There is a restraurant and bar, but given the cleanliness of the rest of the hotel, I did not risk it.

This is the first "1" rating I have ever given anything. I always try to find the good. I could not here.

Stayed: May 2016
6  Thank gozur
Reviewed May 17, 2016

When I read the reviews for this hotel I nearly cancelled and I am glad I did not. I was treated very nicely and was given a great room by the lovely Cindy. I will be returning to Dallas and the hotel.

I arrived in a bit of a state as the airline had left my bags in London UK (which I did not received until two days later). I was checked into my room very quickly. I was happy with my comfortable room. I was on a business trip and was staying for two weeks. The hotel was central and sufficient for all my needs. Yes some areas are a work in progress as they go through the transition of updating the hotel. But in no way does it deserve some of the negative comments given. The rooms are very reasonably priced and the hotel is very central. I travelled all over the city and it did not take me long to get anywhere. I love the things that were quirky to me, like the use of a washing machine and dryer. I could return home with clean clothes and not needing to pay over the top or through the roof for a hotel laundry service.

There is a shuttle that will transport you to and from the nearby Love Field airport and the nearby shopping area.

All in all some people will want to stay at Buckingham Palace for little or no money but will still complain. You can never please everyone I guess.

Stayed: April 2016
1  Thank Janey A
Reviewed May 12, 2016 via mobile

On May 2nd I had a kidney transplant. By the 5th was ready to go to hotel. We started on May 3rd trying to reserve a room with a kitchen. First the fax machine was out of ink, then they couldn't read fax. Come that Thursday night when we finally got there we where greeted with the worst disposition ever. While at desk I noted a man sitting on counter reading a paper. Found out later he was manager. Never even acknowledge we where there after what we went through just to get a room. By this time I was sore n tired. Nothing n I mean nothing was as the brochure said. Our room. What a joke. Not what we ordered. To this day has manager even said Boo? Of course not. We have had to stay here for 18 days n never a word. The pool is a mosquito breeder. Never coffee made downstairs. Restaurant limited in breakfast. House keeping limited. Supplies limited. Personality limited. Treatment of manager unheard of considering the kidney foundation paid almost 1000.00 for all this. We would have moved but hard on me. Oh..oh and the beds??? Ha what a joke. Couch n furniture..scared to sit on it. Nicest thing? Fridge. I know they are renovating but thats no excuse for this "manager". Someone come to my house and hand me 1000$ you bet I treat them nice. Shuttle service was great. Amen

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business