“THINK TWICE IS RIGHT !!!!”

Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway
Ranked #148 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Chicago
“THINK TWICE IS RIGHT !!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Not horrible but be prepared.

Negatives: The rooms were beat up. The housekeeping service does little, if anything. Floors are not vacuumed and full of other people's hair. The "free Wi Fi" is a joke. Signal strength is so week I had to go to a public library. They wanted to charge I think $5.00 DAILY to upgrade to hi-speed. Most requests at front desk cannot be accomodated or are ignored. No joke, I got bit by some kind of bug at night in my room and killed two cockroaches in the room.

Positives: the price is right and the location is central to many amenities including a variety of restaurants.

Room Tip: lower your expectations
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Late4Dinner_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

Staff very friendly & polite but under-staffed and not very knowledgeable. Bathroom/kitchen area not clean, Utensils/dishes missing, closet door missing, no hangars. Requested vacuum cleaner several times to vacuum floor myself that was never delivered. Linen/spread unclean & 36 hour wait before replaced. No amenities other than cable TV & laundry room.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

New Orleans
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

Well, the saying "beggars can't be choosers" applies here. My husband is a musician and was playing a show in Frisco, TX. I thought we were going to sleep in the van for the two nights we would have been there, but (long story short) someone in the band booked a handful of rooms for the whole gang. Needless to say, he picked the cheapest hotel he could find. I didn't complain to him since the room was free....and really was grateful that I didn't have to sleep in the van. This hotel is one step up from sleeping in a van.

I guess it could have been worse, I mean~ at least the bed was clean. The moment we walked in, I noticed the tomato sauce splattered all over the kitchen area. While cleaning that, I noticed something was in the microwave....someone had left a sandwich in there. Not a big deal, but to me this means the room wasn't cleaned thoroughly which is a big problem in my eyes.

The other problem was the A/C ended up not working properly. It was well over 100 degrees during the day, so at first I tried to tell myself it was my imagination, but it really didn't work. I didn't even try to complain about it b/c the front desk person was completely useless. He couldn't give us the number to any cab company, nor could he suggest a place to eat.

I suppose if you just need a bed, a bathroom and a roof, this place is fine. If you're looking for anything pleasant, you should look elsewhere.

• Liked — The restaurant down the street...
  • Disliked — Hated the place
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
tampa, fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2007

I had few, but specific needs. None were met. I requested portable cribs in my online reservation. When I arrived they informed me they had no cribs and I was on my own to obtain them - even though the check-in document I signed had my online request printed right on it. When I asked to speak with the manager about it, no manager was available.

I needed a non-smoking room. The first room they assigned to us had an obvious cigarette smell. They were gracious about reassigning the room; however, the second room had only a temporary scent of a strong industrial deodorizer. All my clothes came home smelling like cigarettes anyway.

The beds were terribly hard and uncomfortable. When we turned on the heat, dirt and ash spewed out of the heating unit onto the bed. There were cigarette burns on both the sheets and bed covers.

When I checked out, the individual at the front desk was completely incapable of performing any financial functions. He could not change the credit card on file. He could not divide the bill. He could only take the room keys and check the box. He was completely unhelpful and unapologetic for his incompetence.

Spend a little extra and stay at the Marriott up the street. You're better off.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank schweetbubble
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
20.6 km away
1.5 km away
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Frankford Road
2.4 km away
Staybridge Suites Dallas - Addison

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway? Share your experiences!