“GREAT PLACE! Service is outstanding, rooms are fabulous, fantastic people watching”
Review of Hotel ZaZa Dallas

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #3 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, tx
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

From the moment you arrive, the staff really pampers you.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
AWESOME! I am happy that you find ZaZa Dallas' service OUTSTANDING! Please let me know when you will be planning another sojourn at the Z, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
philippines
Reviewed 17 May 2012

in Dallas for a vacation so my cousin decided to treat me to an overnight stay at a hotel. I chose I Hotel Zaza since I 've heard so much about itl. We checked-in, went shopping and when we came back to the hotel, one bed was with chocolates - meaning turndown service was done only on one bed when we have 2 beds in the room. the next day, I called reception and asked if breakfast is included. I was told we have a $20 voucher for breakfast. then I connected my laptop to the internet and was directed to the hotel's webpage which showed an "overnight special" promotion for May 11 or May 12 stay that included a complimentary breakfast voucher worth $30, complimentary drinks at the pool and a 50% off voucher for future stay. We didn't get any of those when we checked-in (May 12) so I called the reception about it. The front desk who answered my call told me we would be getting a $50 breakfast voucher instead and that we would have to claim it before going for breakfast.. so we went, but then another front desk told us our room only has a breakfast voucher of $30 for one (1) person. we told her that it is quite odd that only 1 person is getting the breakfast voucher when the room was booked for 2. The other front desk intervened and told us we would be getting the $50 breakfast voucher. we went for breakfast then went back to our room to get our stuff and checked-out. the front desk didn't even say goodbye or thank you. not that we need it. i've been to a lot of hotels and some were not as upscale as Hotel Zaza but the staff were friendlier.

I have to say tho that the bartender @ Dragonfly (indoor bar) was very nice. also the Valet staff.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Matthew_Nuss, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay at the hotel; they are definitely not the ZaZa standard! The appropriate department is aware of the issues and is making adjustments so that such a problem does not arise again in the future. Please contact me directly, as I would like to receive more details regarding your experience.
tucker81
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Spouse and i wanted a quick getaway & chose Hotel ZaZa for an urban weekend. The hotel was great - comfortable bed, attentive staff, spotless room with funky fun decor. Lots of good restaurants nearby & if you prefer to have drinks outside the hotel then there are nice bars within easy walking distance. The ZaZa mobile took us to dinner & picked us up at Javier's - quite a nice perk allowing my partner to have a drink (or two) with dinner. Highly recommend Breadwinner's for brunch - everything there is yummy.

Room Tip: There is a DJ on the weekends so if you aren't going to be up late please let front desk know up...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tucker81
Fantastic! I am happy you had a wonderful time in uptown Dallas and, most importantly, Hotel ZaZa Dallas! Please let me know when you would like to plan another quick getaway, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed at ZaZa for a bachelorette party and chose due to walking distance to lots of fun nightlife.
Room was great and only stayed in a double! I can't imagine how beautiful the suites would be! The room was very clean with lots of space.
Loved the pool and pool atmosphere. Bartenders were fun poolside too!! Wonderful experience =)
I would HIGHLY recommend!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Wonderful experience! LOVE IT! I am happy to read about your great time at ZaZa Dallas! The pool area is definitely a sweet escape! Please let me know when your travels return you to Dallas, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you. We love ya at Hotel ZaZa!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Through my credit card rewards program I booked this hotel based on location and pictures and the fact that they would accept our four legged family members. I expected some type of upgrade based on the program, but never imagined how much of an upgrade we might receive. Upon arrival our room was not ready, no problem...vouchers were given for drinks and appetizer by the pool where the dogs could join us. It took a little while, but when we were notified our accommodations were ready we were told we had been upgraded to the ROCK STAR SUITE, one of the Hotels' "Magnificent 7" collection of themed suites which are basically 2000+ square foot apartments! My goodness, this place had 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a full kitchen, living, dining and the most unexpected of surprises around every corner....like the antique pump organ in the master walk in closet!
We had dinner plans with friends outside of the hotel, but we all agreed having dinner en suite catered by Dragonfly was a great idea. I slept like a baby....and dined like a king for the complementary full breakfast in Dragonfly. The dogs seemed extremely content as well. The staff was young, friendly and engaging. The hotel was clean all over, and smelled really nice.
I will keep ZaZa on the top of my list for any future Dallas stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Matthew_Nuss, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Awesome! I am very glad that your Mag 7 upgrade was a FANTASTIC experience! The Rock Star Suite is something special. Dragonfly catering = YUM! Please let me know when you and the pups would like to return to Dallas, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you all!
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

Came here for a one night getaway with my wife. We awoke at midnight to an earsplitting party at the pool. Our room didn't even overlook the pool. Surprise...from 11PM to 2AM, it turns into a freaking brothel/nightclub, where literally nobody on the premises could possibly sleep.. It is 1245 AM as I write this and I will make it my mission in life to tell everyone I can about this hellish experience.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank GStern50
I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay at the hotel. The appropriate departments are aware of the issues and are taking immediate action so that such problems do not arise again in the future. Please contact me personally as I would like to speak with you regarding your stay at the hotel.
Ohio
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I recently stayed (on business for three nights) at Dallas’ Hotel ZaZa in a Magnificent Seven Suite, and it was almost a great experience.

This uptown hotel benefits from one of the most pleasant neighborhoods in Dallas, and the boutique approach and decorating are comfortable and inviting. The suite was sufficient to manage several meetings with a large dining/conference table and my guests were impressed with the ambiance. Room service met expectations in managing meeting refreshments, and one has a variety of choices in walking to lunch and dinner, with some fine establishments around. (Time did not permit the sampling of the hotel’s Dragon Fly restaurant.)

As an individual guest, however, it seems however that management is relying on the property’s panache to cover for the lack of service and attention to detail. The bellman walked me to my room, dropped off the bag and left, without an introduction to the room - I never did figure out how to turn off one set of the lights, and it took a while to figure out which outlet was switched and which was not (think charging your electronics). The suite was clean and reasonably maintained, but not at the highest level – there was a hair in the shower (who doesn’t hate that?) – marks on the wall that could have been easily removed – worn carpet with some stains (nobody can get out orange) – the big kitchen clock (which was a major decorating feature) quit telling time years ago – the other available clocks were set to different times (due to DST no doubt) – and the display of the clock radio in the bedroom was on permanent fade – not what one would expect in a property’s premiere accommodation but far from disastrous – just a few too many issues for my taste.

While the front desk staff seemed to be a bit more on task, most staff that was walking in the corridors rarely acknowledged your presence and all were challenged in calling you by name – even when you called. Some times the door staff would acknowledge you and sometimes they did not – one evening in returning from dinner, there were 3-4 of the door staff huddled in discussion and I did not even garner a glance as I entered the hotel.

Now when it comes to relaxing, the pool is not the place to be. The pool area is more of a bar (with slow service) than a place to relax, and it too could have been cleaner – discarded swizzle sticks and cigarette butts adorned my seating area. I hear however that it is the place to be in the evening.

I also took the opportunity to enjoy a massage – the spa is small and lacks any real amenities as compared to other high-end properties. Most annoying, though, was the jack hammering and cement sawing that was going on during the treatment – the hotel was performing some landscaping with some of their large potted trees, but never thought to consider or inform its guest who were trying to enjoy some down time. Curiously too, I had made my spa reservations before arrival, and there was nothing provided at check-in to confirm the appointment, which I consider an oversight.

Despite the issues, my stay at ZaZa was pleasant enough and the business meetings went off without a hitch. I was simply expecting more from a premiere boutique hotel when enjoying their signature accommodation. With improved service, a bit more attention to detail, and some sensitivity to their guests, this could be one of the optimum places to stay in Dallas. With all of the competition in the neighborhood, it is a wonder they haven’t done it already. It is almost a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business