Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Food Tours of America tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Food Tours of America
from US$77.94
from US$63.87
from US$81.19
from US$77.95
More Info
All reviews our tour guide village restaurant peanut butter pie great tour tacos dallas area hour tour visiting dallas dallas history trolley fun cious knowledge texas jfk
Reviewed 6 days ago

When I go on tours I depend on reviews to base my trip decisions on. So here are my pros/cons for you.
Pros:
The Rustic and Eureka had some amazing food.
Rode several trollies, which added to the experience.
I have been on other food tours and NEVER have received as much food as on this one.
We did not pre purchase the "Drinks" option, but when my wife ordered a margarita at one place, the guide picked up our tab.
As I sit here trying to think of something else positive, I cannot come up with anything, so I will move on to the Cons.
Cons:
Jason was our tour guide, when he first tells you that it has been a while since he has done a tour the RED flags popped up immediately. Good reason for it. Being from out of town I was looking forward to hear what the guide would tell us about the local history. Unfortunately when the tour guide is googling it and reading it from his cell phone along the way, it is just not the same. He should have been more prepared.
The tour started at 10:30 and ended at 4:00. It was way too long. If there had been more history and more food descriptions for that amount of time then that would have been okay.
I will end this review saying even though the guide was disappointing as far as history, restaurant and food knowledge, most of the food was great and I would still reccomend this tour.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had an absolutely fantastic time on my walking tour of Uptown! The food choices were varied and all absolutely amazing and our guide Jim was full of fun facts and history about the city. Whether you're just in the area for a visit or you were born and raised here I highly suggest taking one of these great tours!

Danna F, Public Relations Manager at Food Tours of America, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review, Emily! We love hearing that our guests had a great time. Jim will be thrilled to know you enjoyed his commentary and food from our restaurant stops, and we will happily pass on the message. We hope you will join us again for our Deep Ellum Foodie Tour - our newest tour that is equally as delicious and fun! Cheers!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I thought the tour was excellent. Our guide Jim gave a very interesting talk; Having worked in town planning he had great knowledge and interest in the history and buildings in Dallas. He was very informative about the assasination of JFK. The food part of the tour was very good. The food was excellent and there was plenty to eat. Jim was very attentive to everyone. I am Coeliac. I gave this information when booking but this wasn't passed on to the guide. However once I made him aware he called ahead to each restaurant and I was very well looked after. I would recommend this tour if visiting Dallas

Danna F, Public Relations Manager at Food Tours of America, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review! We love knowing our guests enjoyed their tour. We agree - Jim is excellent, and knowledgeable about all things Dallas. Our newest tour in Deep Ellum is equally as tasty and full of fun facts about the jazz roots of the area. We hope you will join us again!

Reviewed October 13, 2018

Jim was just a delight! Add the amazing food and city insights and we got ourselves an awesome experience, despite the rainy day! If you are from out of town like us, is totally worth it! :)

Danna F, Public Relations Manager at Food Tours of America, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review, Daniella. We're so happy to know that you enjoyed the tour, even with the rain! Jim is great, and will be so thrilled to know that you had a great time on the tour. We hope you will join us again for another foodie experience on your next visit to Dallas.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

I had a great time with my friends and our tour guide was helpful. I will be back with my family soon.

1  Thank wils0nc00k
Danna F, Public Relations Manager at Food Tours of America, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Thank you for the awesome review. We are so glad you joined us! It's always great to know when our guests have a fun time on our food tours. We would love to welcome you back with your family soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2018

Guide Krissy was great. Food was excellent. Second time we have done this tour but only visited one of the same restaurants. Interesting walk between venues.

Danna F, Public Relations Manager at Food Tours of America, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Thank you for the great review. Krissy will be thrilled to know you enjoyed yourself, and we will happily pass that along. Thank you for joining us a second time! We hope you will visit us again. Check out our newest tour - the Deep Ellum Foodie Tour. Delicious food from some of the areas top restaurants, great photo opportunities, and some cool historical tales. Cheers!

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

I went with my husband and it was our first food tour and it was amazing . The slider and Moscow mule at eureka was my favorite . It was a little hot outside ,but that is Texas for ya definitely will be doing more food tours it was a blast .

Danna F, Public Relations Manager at Food Tours of America, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you for the excellent review, Kristin. Texas is definitely hot in the summertime, and we are happy to know you were able to cool down with a yummy Moscow Mule at Eureka. And we agree; the slider is tasty! We hope you and your husband will join us again. Check out our newest tour - the Deep Ellum Foodie Walk. It's equally as delicious and fun!

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to Dallas for our anniversary weekend. I always wanted to do a food tour and I like history so I booked this adventure. The guide was Jim was cute , fun, and knowledge. We meet a girl Sam on the tour. It was quaint and fun. I learned a lot about JFK and the shooting but more than that I got to see Dallas. We went to four areas of Dallas and experienced four kinds of food. The Lebanese was the best. It was a great treat and highly recommend it.

Danna F, Public Relations Manager at Food Tours of America, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thank you for the great review! We are so happy to know that you and your husband celebrated your anniversary with us and had a nice time on the tour with Jim. I will gladly pass on the message to him - he will be thrilled! Cheers!

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Jim was a great tour guide, as he led us around he also gave us history tidbits about the area. The food, drinks and Jim were really outstanding.

Danna F, Public Relations Manager at Food Tours of America, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Hi Diane. Thank you for the awesome review! We agree that Jim is amazing, and will gladly pass on the praise. Thank you for joining us - we hope you will visit us again in Dallas, or in Las Vegas!

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Thank you Jim for a filling day of food, knowledge and meeting 3 other adventurers! If we’re ever back to Dallas, will look into other food tours.

Thank you for the great review, Tina! We love hearing that our guests enjoyed their tour. Jim will be thrilled to know that you had a great time. We will happily pass on the message, and look forward to hosting you again on your next Dallas visit. If you're ever in Vegas, be sure to look us up - an equally as delicious and fun time!