“Great Oyster Bar with a view”
Review of Aw Shucks

Aw Shucks
Ranked #157 of 4,082 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 17, 2017

Usually I will come here when crawfish is in season. Oysters on the half shell are fresh and a nice selection of beers. They have peel and eat shrimp, crab legs, and fish.

Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

They say crawfish has to make your nose run and I won't say more than at Aw Shucks crawfish is done right!

Very beachy relaxed atmosphere. You go inside and order and then pick a pic knick table outside or sit on a bar stool inside. You pay on your way out. Credit cards accepted.

I had fresh oysters and crawfish and left absolutely happy! Oh and have I mentioned the Mango Margarita? Yum.
Simple concept eatery with the largest po-boys and freshest seafood.

Family friendly and good for any relaxed occasion.

I cannot wait to return!

Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

This place has the absolute best crawfish in town! My husband and I have been coming here for a couple years during crawfish season. The shrimp cocktail is great too and so are the catfish filets.
Parking is not so easy. We usually park on one of the nearby residential streets and walk over.
I recommend that you find a table to sit at before you order if you go on the weekends.

Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

This location has a cool atmosphere. It's just a shack with picnic tables! There's a bucket with paper towels and sauces. It's fun and relaxed!

We got the summer platters with 1/2 lb crab legs, 1/2 lb shrimp and 1/2 lb sausage. It was really good! Everything was fresh and tasted great! You get to make your own cocktail sauce - so you can add as much or as little horseradish as you like. That was cool.

Note: They do sprinkle cayenne on it so if you are sensitive to heat you might ask them to leave it off. (Or for the kids - we should have left it off).

Tip: take your own wet wipes! They had some but not at the tables. We didn't find them til we paid and were leaving.

Only negative I'll say was the parking at this location - not much. Thankfully we went on a week day at lunch when the other businesses around weren't busy so we parked a block away and walked. I can't imagine trying to park and get in on a weekend!

Reviewed February 13, 2017

So good. Real deal crawfish and some of the best hush puppies I've ever had. Gumbo was also very good. You pay at the end using the honor system, which is different and refreshing. Servers bring your food but you make all orders, even drinks, at the counter.
I'd suggest washing your hands before you get here though. The bathrooms are pretty rough.

Been to Aw Shucks? Share your experiences!