Review Highlights
Best meditation relaxation ever

I've been coming here a few months now for floatation therapy. I do it for several reasons of... read more

Reviewed October 27, 2016
ilike2search
Kemp, Texas
via mobile
Most relaxed I've ever been in my life

Reviewed August 16, 2015

Dallas CityPASS
20 Reviews
from US$49.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 16, 2015

This was the most relaxing experience of my life. I made my appointment after my husband asked me about sensory deprivation tanks in general...so of course I like spa type stuff so I said "Sure love, lets try it!". I showed up 10 minutes ahead of time as directed for first time floaters and was shown the changing room and told exactly what I was going to be experiencing for the next hour and 20 minutes or so. I get changed into my robe and slippers, the husband in his, and were placed in the massage chair from heaven for 15 minutes to wind us down. We then were escorted to our suite where we were instructed to put ear plugs in and shower for 5 minutes with their soap and shampoo. Gotta get all that icky body oil off, only clean bodies in the float tank! We both showered, and sat down in the water, a 12 inch deep tank of lukewarm saltwater, laid on our backs and floated like a cork. See, the water is super dense because its got some 1200lbs of Epsom salt. The salt water makes you float so essentially you have become weightless. Your only job at this point is to keep your eyes closed and listen to the sounds of your breath while shutting your brain down. Traditional sensory deprivation is no lights and no sound, which is how I floated for the first time, but they had music options and light options as well. For the hour we were floating in this water, my mind went from pingponging all over the place to just concentrating on not sensing anything, to completely being in a deep meditative state. See, I felt like I was one with the water, as if I didn't know where my fingers started and the water ended. That is the point of depriving your senses. You don't hear anything because its soundproof booth keeps the noise out, you don't see anything because your eyes are closed and the lights are off completely, you don't feel anything because the water is the only thing touching your skin, which is the same temp as your body. You don't bump into the walls, just float in the middle of the tank. After what I thought was about 30 minutes, I felt like I was out of body. My physical body was floating in the tank, but whatever was left was floating in the air. In deep meditative states, it is said that sometimes people hallucinate.

Anyway, the lights came on after my time was up and, that itself was an abrasive experience. Think of it like being in the midst of a really awesome dream and your alarm goes off, shocking you back to reality. I was the most relaxed I've ever been after that float... and I've never tried anything like it before.

It is something everyone should do at least once in their life... I will be back for sure.

Date of experience: August 2015