“Outstanding Experience at one of the most accommodating hotels”

Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center
Ranked #131 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza the last two years when attending TBRU. For a hotel to go above and beyond the call of duty is always a major plus in my opinion. For a hotel to accommodate the likes of thousands of big hairy men in such a professional manner is outstanding. Great rooms, great facilities for all. Conveniently located to many of the attractions Dallas has to offer.
Two Great BIG Thumbs Up. I didn't take advantage of the breakfast, so I can't rate it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Stephen K,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and giving us your feedback on your experience with us. We constantly strive for great service and a great night’s sleep. We love hearing about the great things you enjoyed about our hotel and certainly appreciate all of your positive comments on our staff, location and great facilities. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back next year!!!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Hotel we very clean and well maintained... staff was great, friendly, and took care of all my needs... Sharlonda helped out with our event all weekend and was nothing but the best! Hottub/spa was very relaxing and CLEAN!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The hotel staff made me feel right at home. The food was excellent, service was great. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The price was very affordable. I am looking forward to my next visit and i will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Dear Dyman C,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and giving us your feedback on your experience with us. We loved hearing about the great things you enjoyed about our hotel and certainly appreciate all of your positive comments on our food, service, cleanliness of rooms, and that our staff made you feel at home. We are constantly striving to make our guest experience a memorable and enjoyable one. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward in welcoming you back home next year!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Started with a phone call. Joseph B. answered as was more helpful than what you might be used to. A friendly and helpful person on the other end brightens your day even if it had been a challenging one. I had to deal with some court issues there in Dallas – not a favorite thing for any one, so, I just wasn’t in the greatest of moods to have to spend my hard earned money on a hotel close to the courts. Surprisingly, I found that the rates at Crowne were quite reasonable plus you still get the five-star treatment. When you are in town and need to be close to the action, give Crowne a call and ask for Joseph B – you’ll be glad you did. Thanks Joseph.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith W
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Keith W,

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us! Thank you very much for the compliments on Joseph B, our reasonable rates, and the five star treatments you received. Thank you for taking the time to give us your valued feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Before I went to Dallas on business, I was concerned about the accomodations because I am allergic to perfumes. This includes ones in soaps, cleaners, detergents, etc. If they are used in room cleaning, I am in trouble. Well, I called ahead and spoke with the Guest Services Manager, Chuck Hernandez. He was very accomodating. He made a note on his computer and got with the room services manager the day before. They worked very hard to make sure my room was perfume free! They did a great job too!

When I arrived, I was greated by, Kenneth Price, he is very nice! I was concerned about the chair in my room, and he arranged to get me another one... I am a person of size and the chair arms were very narrow and uncomfortable.

That night for supper, I went to the hotel restaurant. My server, Diane, was so nice! I am not accostumed to traveling alone, and therefore it was nice to have a friendly face in a very nice restaurant. The food was excellent! The next night the head over the restaurant came to my table. I was sitting with new friends, I had met at the meeting I was attending. He spoke to us, asked how all was going and was very plesant! The food was outstanding! I hear they have a new chef... great job.

The breakfast buffet has eggs, waffles, pancakes, etc. cooked to order on a flat grill... delicious.

The shuttle driver/bellmen were all very nice... They worked hard and gave me excellent directions to places I was driving. Including which lane I should be in, etc.

My only negative was one time when we had to wait a while because traffic had caused our shuttle driver to be late. (I actually think it was because the group before us was not all ready on time to leave and caused a problem, but they said it was traffic.) I suggest a couple of benches outside the building for people to sit on while waiting.

The building is nice, has beautiful grounds, close free parking, and shuttle service, accomodating staff, comfortable beds, quiet zoned floors, indoor pool and spa, exercise room, and gift shop.

The furniture in my room was a little scratched. I only include the couple of negatives so you will know I am being upfront.

This is a wonderful place to stay. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: They have floors that are quiet zones... choose accordingly.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Greenmtntrail,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to complete the review on our property and share your excellent experience with other travelers. We truly appreciate all of your wonderful compliments about Chuck, Kenneth, and Diane. It is nice to hear that we were able to accommodate your allergic needs and that you enjoyed the restaurant service and shuttle service. I apologize that the shuttle took a little long to arrive; however, we will look into the setting area outside. We look forward in welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I fly into Dallas weekly and have been staying here since February, I absolutely LOVE this hotel. The rooms are great, the beds are comfortable, and the quiet zone is perfect. All of the employees that I've come in contact with are excellent. The front desk personnel truly show great professionalism, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I personally want to thank Ruth and Betty for the wonderful and friendly service they provide. You can tell it's truly genuine. The front desk managers Kenneth and Chuck are the best. Since this is kind of like my home away from home these guys have bent over backwards to ensure that I am truly happy here. The shuttle drivers, Rolando, Emanuel, and Shawn are extremely friendly, and are more than willing to assist. Another thing I love about this hotel is that every Wednesday they have an appreciation gathering for their platinum members. That in itself states a whole, especially in the hotel industry. I Love the free WI-FI in every room. To me this hotel is a 5 star, I would definitely recommend it.

Dear Alisha K,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visits to Dallas. We greatly appreciate all of the wonderful comments about Ruth, Betty, Chuck, Kenneth, Rolando, Shawn, and Emanuel. We will be sure to share the comments with them. It is nice to hear that you were able to enjoy our Free WIFI, Free Transportation, PC reception and our quiet zone. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stay for about a week to setup and attend a large group event (TBRU)
the hotel was sold out and the staff was incredible about making my and the attendees stays great.

Chuck Hernandez and his crew at the front desk were amazing. They check in guest and worked well with our team to help make our event memorial. Chuck helped our vendors with recieving and shiping their products before and after the event.

Sharlonda Manning--what can i say but two words--Super Woman. She help prior to the event to make sure things ran smoothly throughout the weekend. She was there during the weekend to resolve issues if the arose and provided solutions that were in the best of our team and our attendees.

Manual and his team from banquets helped the whole event without any issues. They were attentive to our needs and curtious to our guest. There was always someone around that i could get a hold up if there was something that needed attendtion.

We had 1704 attendees for our event this year and all were impressed with how the hotel handled the large group with ease. Every attendee that i talked to that had interactions with the hotel stay stated the hotel staff was friendly and respectful. Many mention that they havent been to another event where the staff embraced our attendees so easily.

my thanks to all of the hotel staff for making this TBRU one of our biggest and best.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tommy A
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Tommy A,

We truly appreciate all of your wonderful compliments on our great service, accommodations and amenities! It is always exciting to hear when our guest takes the time to share details of an outstanding trip after staying with us. It was our pleasure to make such an impression on you with Chuck, Manuel, and Sharlonda's team and customer service. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for completing the review of our property. We look forward to next year’s event.