“Just an average hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cypress, Texas
“Just an average hotel”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This was an average hotel;however, I expected the hotel to be a little nicer due to it being the Shearton. It was a little out-dated and the bathroom was very small. However, the hotel was centrally located to Arlington which allowed us to get to the Cowboys Stadium in no time.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thomas E, General Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
I would first like to thank you for your review. The hotel will undergo a major renovation, which began Sunday, November 27th. The extent of the renovation is so great that the hotel will actually close it doors and not reopen until April 2012, the cost of the renovation is well over 12 million dollars. I truly hope that you do give us another chance next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We drove in late from San Antonio but never expected that a Sheraton Hotel would not have any food whatsoever! We had a suite and it did not have a minibar. Our first warning should have been when the person on duty told us that the back entrance from the parking lot did NOT lock ever...and it was unattended! Low ceilings, Small rooms, old fixtures and furniture the place is definately dated....we will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011
Thomas E, General Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
I would first like to thank you for your review and must honestly say I agree with the term "old", so much that the hotel will undergo a major renovation beginning Sunday, November 27th. The extent of the renovation is so great that the hotel will actually close it doors and not reopen until April 2012, the cost of the renovation is well over 12 million dollars. I truly hope that you do give us another chance next year we when we can actually say we will be a brand “new” hotel!
Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Stayed here solo on a mommy's night off one Friday. It was a really good experience. This is a great location, (very close to The Galleria mall) but if you're unfamiliar with the area you could get a bit turned around finding it as it's positioned along the I-635 westbound service road. I'd say it's worth it, tho. Paid $78 for a very spacious double. This is a former Wyndham property that has been nicely refurbished. (Several years ago, we considered it as a wedding venue and as I recall the ballrooms were great.)

My first room 618 was in a good location, end of the hall and close to ice and soda machines. The area is in a room with a closed door, so I don't think there'd be the usual ice bucket noise. However, as soon as I opened the door to 618, the smell of cigarette smoke overtook me. This is a 100% smoke free facility. The front desk attendant tells every guest this at check in. A new set of keys for a diff room, 812, was brought up. I was grateful because some hotels will ask you to come down and pick them up. At first glance I was disappointed because the new room was directly across from the elevators. I just knew I was in for a night of noise. Nope. Quiet! That was awesome!

Like I said, the room was huge and very nicely furnished. It was totally fresh and clean, too. There's a great chair for extended sitting/lounging and a desk chair. Furnishings were obviously updated. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were crisp and clean. The lighting fixtures were especially nice. The bathroom was tiny, but accommodating. I really appreciated the corner mounted shelf in the shower and (tho I didn't need it) the ceiling mounted heat lamp. Water temp was hot and pressure great. Bathroom was very clean. The closet is a true closet with a solid door that pulls open and closed. Other than a little wallpaper peeling above the AC/heat unit and the constant hum of traffic on 635, this room was perfect!

Only had two negatives:
1) Upon arrival (about 8 pm) the front parking lot was very dark. I didn't see the valet until I'd already parked in the lit lot on the west side of the hotel.

2) Hallways were narrow and the three elevators were a bit sluggish.

Sorry for the fuzzy pics. Took 'em with my old iPhone.

Room Tip: The traffic noise wasn't a distraction. I was very tired, so I slept with no problems. However...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Room was small, bathroom tiny, and bathroom sink made loud gargling noises when every another room put something down the drain. A high floor got me a nice veiw of the freeway and the noise that came with it. Staff was nice except for the cleaning lady that scolded me for still being there at 12 45 when front desk had prev approved a 1 pm check out. As i speak the outside is being painted and the pool area complete overhaul. Should be nice outside when done. The jackhammers stopped at dark in the pool area. During my stay they had the hotel priced pretty fair and feel the value was fair. Parking was free during my stay.

Room Tip: one facing rear might silence the freeway
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Nothing special here... not particularly nice. Counter staff was a bit testy. I would stay here again if it were the only choice. Parking is rediculously $$$$. 21.00 to self park, and 29.99 to vallet.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We spent our last night in Dallas at this lovely hotel, before a long flight back home. We found a very clean, comfortable room with a great bed and linen, and had achieved a really good price online. No breakfast or wifi included but parking was free. Close to Galleria and good shopping, and easy access to the freeway.No traffic noise either, even though we were close to the freeway.

Room Tip: i have a feeling all rooms here are clean and comfortable, seeing as we got such a good deal online...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Sheraton and we had a wonderful time. The hotel was nice and clean the staff was very friendly and helpful. To all who have never been to Dallas, during this period it is totally crazy. Some of the other guest where a little loud; but that is to be expected during this weekend. We will definately stay again...................................

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends