Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
US$180
US$148
US$137
Very Good 4/5
Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities(Dallas)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$109
MagnoliaHotels.com
US$169
  • Pool
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West(Dallas)
US$161
US$219
US$207
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgalleria mallfront desklbj freewayclub roomsheraton dallasbreakfast was includednice hotelbed was comfortablewi fifree shuttlebusiness tripwater pressureup to dateshuttle serviceself parkingconsconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton for 4 nights, two of which were during the week and two during the weekend. My issues with my stay were not really under the control of the hotel staff, but they could have done more. During my friday and saturday night stay, my floor had a huge group of frat boys and sorority girls that were ridiculously noisy. When they arrived around 7 p.m. I knew I was in trouble, because I had an adjoining room I could hear everything in the next room. I went to the front desk to try and get my room moved but no luck since they were booked. I asked for earplugs at the very least, but they didn't have anything. Fell asleep okay, but around 2:30 a.m. to 4 a.m. they were loud and yelling in the hallway, I even called down at 3 a.m. to tell management, apparently a manager came through because I heard one of the kids yelling "the manager just came by!" Thankfully when I went down to the front desk the next morning they were able to move me up to a higher floor. I know that stupid people are out of the control of the management, but they could have done more-I wonder how many other people complained, it's not like it's a 2 star motel.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, don't get an adjoining room and try for a higher floor.
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Issues started at check in when something that should have taken 5 minutes took nearly 30. Staff definitely needs better training. Went to the Exec Lounge where they served cheese squares and crackersthat were stale. And tried to charge me $8 for a really awful glass of wine that i could get for half that in the bar downstairs. Do they think we are idiots? Guess so. My room had broken toilet and no hot water. Asked to be moved to quiet room. They put me in "junior suite" which is directly behind elevators so noisy as heck. And there is no phone service in the room. Isnt that a code violation? Anyway they then tried to move me to a closet size room that had just been recarpeted and smelled awful. Did It was just one bad thing after another. They claim to have spent $17m on this place but not sure it is more than skin deep. Pool is still teensy and not good for adult
swmming. If you can stay at the Westin Galleria it is much better. This place might have a new wrapping but it is still mediocre at best. Stained furniture cushions?! Ew!

Room Tip: Avoid junior suites unless you sleep well to sound of elevators.
1  Thank YGG
Thomas E, General Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay. It appears that you had several operational opportunities during your visit at our hotel. I would like you to feel confident that the items mentioned in your comments have been addressed with the team. If you would like to discuss any of these items further please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Spent two nights there for a business event, and for time reasons I did not check fitness or pool. The hotel is confortable and well run, associates are very willing to help on anything and our conference went smoot from all perspectives. The breakfast is only average, besides bread/butter and some fruits, the rest is mostly sugary and fatty (tried scrambled eggs and a sausage). It is ok, but I wouldn't go for anything else than business.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

New bed, TV, furniture and staff were great but lots of details need to be sorted (sink hot water not working, loose faucets, scratchy windows, my key didn't work a number of places they should have). The beds were VERY comfortable and the staff were attentive to issues raised. I didn't like the construction outside the pool and below my room though I am an spg platinum member. This wasn't an issue at night but I have a higher standard for Sheraton.

Stayed: April 2012

I would like to thank you for your feedback. In regards to the opportunities that you have mentioned in your review, I can assure you that they have all been addressed. If your future travels should include Dallas, we hope you will once again choose the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in April. We were told that the hotel was just renovated a few weeks ago. The lobby is sparkling and the bar/restaurant (The Front Yard) was VERY nice and a grat place to hang out in the hotel (The Build Your Own Burgers were fabulous!). Staff and room quality was the same as a typical Sheraton hotel. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. Only minor issue was the configuration on the bathroom door (which almost smacked into the toilet when you opened it all the way). The location was good as it is just a few blocks away from a huge shopping mall (Galleria) and tons of restaurants. The only complaint is the freeway construction right in front of the hotel (the hotel is on a frontage road so a bit tricky to navigate). They also have a complimentary breakfast for guests which was quite good! (hot and cold items and plenty of choice)

1  Thank Franchise35