Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill
Ranked #60 of 198 Hotels in Dallas
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn for a seminar that we attended (not on site). The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly. Our room was spacious (and clean). The king size bed was comfortable. There was a coffe pot, refrigerator and microwave in the room, along with free wi-fi. I was able to connect to the wi-fi with my smart phone. In the morning, the hotel served a small "hot" breakfast (such as waffels, scrambled eggs, sausage, sausage gravey with biscuits, etc.), along with the usual continental breakfast items (pastries, toast, yogert, cereal, fruit). The location is right off of I-35, so "busy" outside but the traffic didn't carry inside. There are several restaurants within walking distance, and many more within driving range. The hotel suited our needs quite well. We would stay again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Isle4Me

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

In areas with overwhelming heat, it was a welcomed surprise to find the room very comfortable. Very clean, evening snacks, friendly staff, very quiet room (couldn't hear freeway or raging storm that came through). Hampton Inns are our go to hotel and this was better than average. There was major road construction going on in front, but since the entrance is from the rear of the property, this was not problem. Hampton has the best bedding!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sspann
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel was clean, staff was nice and there was a good restaurant next door, but the AC was terrible. 65 degree set point when it's 105 out equals 74 degree room. UGH!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wgliradio
Jeanne N, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
We would like to apologize for your stay at the Hampton Inn Dallas North and the less than cool temperature in the room. Unfortunately, the air conditioning was broken and we were at the mercy of the repair men. Since it had been in the triple digits for many days, all the air conditioning repair men in Dallas were working non stop and we had to "get in line" with the others and wait for the repairs.

We did offer fans to all out guests, but fully understand that sometimes even this is not acceptable.

Fortunately, everything has been resolved and we now have a cool hotel again.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and if you are ever back this way again, please let me know and I will do my utmost to see that you have a pleasant "Hampton Experience"
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and the air conditioner was either off or turned down. And what kind of hotel provides fans for the rooms, i'll tell you what kind: the kind that has a broken air conditioner. Yeah the staff is nice but no air, come on. I was their with my family for a summer trip. But if i return to the dallas area, i won't be staying there. This is texas and you have to have hard working air.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jamesmjrs

Fortunately, everything has been resolved and we now have a cool hotel again.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Excellent Staff and service
I really enjoyed my stays. breakfast is good. frontdesk is very helpful and very nice. rooms were clean.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Lakeway, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

I have stayed at this Hampton for many years, the staff and mgr are great, however I've never liked or felt safe at the location. I started stayiing there because my colleagues stayed there, I have to admit the happy hour and snacks are enough to be dinner, but location is horrible. I had just filled up my suburban with gas at the station across the street and when i got in the truck the next morning i realized it had been siphoned. When I got in and started the car the check engine light came on and said "fuel cap loose" .. they must have been in a hurry. Also there are always working girls on the corner and in the parking lot..(quite obivous)!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank peatrip
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your stay at the Hampton Inn Dallas North. We were dismayed to hear that there were "working girls" in the area. I must tell you that we usually do not have problems of this nature.

We have a security guard that is on constant patrol from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. whose emphasis is to stop anything like this from happening.

If you are back in Dallas again, please give us the opportunity to be your hosts so that you may truly experience a "Hampton stay".
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

This was the cleanest Hampton Inn I've stayed in. Cleaning staff is superb. There for the Superbowl, so it was centrally located. I had a great stay and happy hour is wonderful. They had a tex mex theme with wine, soda and beer to wash it down every night. Great little gym and plenty of parking. Manager is personable, which gave it that intimate feeling. Great stay!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank gjohn510
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
0.1 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
#106 of 198 in Dallas
9.9 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria

Been to Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill? Share your experiences!