All reviews older hotel enjoyed my stay zack banquet ballroom meeting texas
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Agree with the other reviewers. Literally a tale of two hotels. The front of the hotel, including the lobby, bar and restaurant area gives the impression of a very nice hotel. Once out of that area however, it is dark and dreary. The guest rooms are large, but that is where any benefit ends. The decor is dark and the drapes look to be 20 years old. In my room, it was extremely damp, to the point where one of the envelopes that I had actually sealed itself because of the dampness. My clothes felt damp, almost like you would have at a campground. The bathroom floor was damp, and when I hung up my towel to dry, 10 hours later it was still wet.

It could very well be an issue with the heater/ac unit but the room just felt "wet." Agree with another reviewer about the bed; it was fairly comfortable but again the frame was oversize for the mattress, and there wasn't really a "blanket" on the bed. It was a pretty cold night sleep.

Aside from that, I ate in the restaurant and the food was pretty decent, not 5 star by any means but above average for a hotel. Prices weren't crazy either. I honestly wouldn't pay to stay here (my employer put us up here). I've stayed at several hotels in the Dallas area and this particular one was definitely at the bottom of the list.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Went down for a soccer tournament and had great spacious lobby area. Even had a bar that accommodated everyone's sports needs. There was a boxing match for that weekend and I informed the manager if they would be showing it, it would gather people there together and he did.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Once you leave the lobby area, you enter dark and depressing hallways that don't get better when you reach the room. The wood platorm that the matress resides on sticks out too much. We all banged our shins on it. We found a dirty towel in the night table drawer.The included breakfast was fine. The pool as well.

1  Thank D9994TWpablog
Reviewed September 5, 2018

The staff couldnt have been nicer or more helpful. Everything was clean and neat. But I cant give more than an average rating because the guest rooms are in DIRE need of updating / renovation.The public areas of the hotel are great. bright and cheerful, they do not seem to be old. Once you leave the lobby area the feeling changes. Extremley low ceilings in the hallways give a low rent feel. The rooms are spacious but again, feel old, especialy the bathroom tile and fixtures. I stress again, it was all very clean, it did not feel gross at all, but it was just hard to pay 4 star prices at the bar and for food and then come back to a 2 1/2 star room.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

I’m pretty tolerate on things not being perfect but our experience at this hotel was rough. Roaches in the hall, bugs in our room, no ramp to negotiate the back entrance to bring in the luggage cart, smelled filthy because is was. One of our kids said “this hotel doesn’t feel safe.” The lighting is dark throughout the building. The bathroom door in our room was half the size of a normal hotel bathroom door. We ended up canceling our 3 night reservation after the first night. Looking back on it, I can’t believe we stayed one night.