Hyatt Regency Dallas
Omni Hotels
US$260
Orbitz.com
4,486 results
All reviewsreunion towerunion stationtrain trackscentennial cafecity viewdealey plazagrassy knollwest endbeautiful hotellight sleeperself parkingconvention centerjfk museumbusiness conferenceroom servicelarge hotelvalet service
Reviewed April 23, 2012

It's been a while since our stay there this past fall but I can still remember how average this stay was in Dallas. We were there for a very large conference and overall they seemed unprepared and were not staffed appropriately. I'm a Hyatt member with a profile and always request high floor and quiet which usually means away from the elevator. First room was next to the elevator lobby and had not been cleaned; I called down and they moved me to a room on a lower floor but further from the elevator. Rooms are large but very dark and dated and if you are on a low floor be prepared for highway noise on one side of the hotel and train whistles through the night on the other side of the hotel. Luckily, I got the highway side; which seemed quieter according to my colleagues. Dining is limited and there is really nothing close by within walking distance. The only good meal we had was at Five-Sixty by Wolfgang Puck. After several nights of "we're booked" we finally got a decent table by the window and enjoyed an excellent meal; despite the misplaced attitude of the hostess. Otherwise there is a terrible Tex-Mex and Italian place downstairs. One person in our party simply could not eat his meal it was so bad. Like I said, we were there for a conference and as you may imagine the hotel was fairly full with the bar area packed each evening. They were clearly understaffed and at times the manager had to clear the empties from our table. Overall, the only reason we were here was due to a negotiated discount conference rate. I would never stay here on my on dime. Wish we could have stayed at the new Omni but it had not opened yet.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor away from the elevator lobby; and then budget your time for the extra wait to get to the lobby. Otherwise, you may be bothered by highway or train noise if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DC-Logan
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We knew this Hyatt had 1100 rooms and we knew it was a convention hotel; what we did not know was that the convention checking-in at the same time we were was the North Texas Leadership Training for Christ with almost 6,000 children between the ages of 8 and 16, plus their parents, grand-parents, siblings, etc. There was a lot of noise and general pandemonium and no available bell persons. The front desk person apologized that we were not informed and gave us a $20 coupon for drinks at the bar! My first impression was that would not be near enough. We then worried about getting an elevator to the 21st floor and were delighted to find that the conference sponsors had volunteers at the elevator stops regulating the flow and making sure the young people were not monopolizing the elevators. The room was lovely – the view magnificent. Charlie, the bartender made a mean-drink and entertained us with stories of bartending in Texas. The breakfast at the Centenial restaurant was one of the best we have ever had in a hotel. The food was fresh, displayed beautifully, and delicious. The staff was attentive and made our Easter brunch memorable. The hotel is getting a multi-million dollar face-lift this Spring which will update the facility, but they could not improve on the view from the 21st floor or the service we received.

Room Tip: High floors with a city view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here overnight for a second time in less than a year. First let me say the hotel is huge & beautiful, inside & out. The location is great as it is at the edge of downtown Dallas. We always get a government rate, which makes this a super deal in my opinion. In my online reservation, I asked for a high floor & NOT facing east, as we were gonna be out late & wanted to sleep in the next morning. Our room was on the 9th floor (963), facing east. :-( We checked in late & didn't want to bother with changing rooms, so we didn't say anything. We opened the curtain & saw a beautiful night view downtown Dallas & ......the train station below. I thought, this is gonna be a noisy night. But it wasn't. We only heard a train blow it's horn once. The room was large & beautiful. The bathroom was clean, spacious & very nice.

The bed was really comfy (only complaint is wish they would tuck in the bottom sheet, as it got all bunched up during the night). The room was clean.

The door to our room opened into the atrium & it was not too far from the elevators (6 of them). You could hear the water features from the 1st & 2nd floors while in our bathroom, but not in the sleeping area of our room. Also, you could hear the roar of the elevators going up & down pretty much constantly. Once in a while, you could hear the "ding" of them arriving on our floor. You could also hear people talking in the room next to us & outside in our hallway. Again all of this was heard while in the bathroom & not in the sleeping area.

We ate at Centinnial Cafe on the property for dinner & it was good. Expensive, but good. We ate (again) later that night when we returned from our outing in the bar, having drinks, chips & queso. Again, quite good. The ambiance in the second floor atrium is really nice. Very relaxing with comfy sofas & chairs all around. The next morning, we got our starbucks coffee in the Coffee bar before heading out.

The valet is a bit crazy here..... lots of people coming and going, lots of cabs, but it all went smoothly. You can use the valet service overnight for $22.00 plus tax & tip or self park down the street for $10.00 for every time you come & go.

Check-in went smooth & checkout the same. Absolutely will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We had a sudden need for a hotel and booked this hotel through Hotwire. All the stafff were very pleasant and helpful. The gentleman at the desk asked what type of room we would like - high, low, quiet, view. We took the view. Be forewarned though, it can be noisy as the train runs along it. The pool is in a nice location but a little small. On Sunday morning, someone pulled a fire alarm. This happens and one cannot blame the hotel. But the nice part is that the hotel followed up with an e-mail apologizing.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel has a train that runs along it so you may want to avvoid that side if it will affect your sleep
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed for some nights at the Hyatt, i have been there before I think, many years ago.

It was ok, and probably deserves the very good characteristic, even if my room was at the far end of a looong corridor. It is not a cozy hotel, though, very businesslike, and the food was very so-so.

All in all, I was there because it was chosen for me, probably would have chosen soewhere else if I was on my own

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business