“Great stay”

Ranked #37 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great stay”
Reviewed 14 May 2010

I stayed here on bubsiness for a night and the rate included free breakfast which was good. The hotel is a high rise with great view of city. Parking and internet were free, although the hotel bathroom was very cramped, rest of the room was spacious. Room had an upscale decor with HDTV. The view was great, not in downtown but close.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Hotel is located right next to the market center and medical district and is conveniently located of 35 for easy access on and off the interstate.

For the business traveler - staff greets you and gets you checked in quickly. For Marriott Rewards members, rooms have already been assigned and keys ready when you walk in the door to help expedite the process.

Concierge lounge has a great staff and snacks that rotate on a daily basis. Nice to sit up on the 27th floor and look out at downtown Dallas in the evening. Plenty of room to stretch out and relax with two desktop computers and printers located in the lounge as well.

For all travelers - Be sure you visit the pool above the 30th floor where the gym is located. and take a look at the view from the observation deck on top of the roof.

Restaurants on site are on the expensive side so be prepared to eat out from time to time if you are on a budget. Food is fair onsite with a couple of very good choices in the seafood. The steak salad seems to be a favorite among frequent guest.

Hotel is not located with restaurants in close proximity, either a short cab ride or take your own car. Staff is great at giving directions and even printing out maps.

Room size varies given the design of the hotel. Smaller rooms are towards the end with larger rooms towards the middle. You stand a better chance of getter a larger with double bed request as opposed to a king bed. So if you want the room, go for the double. Room can also be a "little" noisy at times. Doors are heavy and loud. For some reason people tend to forget this at 2 in the morning. If you have a room with a connecting door, pretty good chance you can hear everything your neighbor says and does. Remember, this works both ways and they can hear you as well. Room are clean and neat.

If you are staying at the hotel and there is an event at the market center, be prepared to look for parking as they hotels lot seems to become an overflow area for meetings.

1 Thank AIFL
Memphis
Reviewed 1 April 2010

My mother and I stayed at the Renaissance for 5 nights. Just returned and I must say I really enjoyed my trip, partly due to the great people and service at the Renaissance! My mother even enjoyed her experience, and she is hard to please! The most convenient hotel to the Dallas Market Center, we even walked to the DMC one day. Windy that it was, we took the shuttle the remaining days to the show, and the front door men were so kind, quick and receptive when we needed to call the shuttle to come and pick us up after we had missed the regular schedule each morning. Also, We loved the breakfast buffet. Waking up to the hot and warm foods and fruits was a great way to start our morning. And Reuben, one of the wait staff for the breakfast buffet was fantastic! He was our waiter just about every morning. So personable and made sure we always had what we wanted and needed.
The only 2 cons, which really wasn't a con for the Renaissance, just hotels in general, is that the 2 double bed rooms were booked when I reserved my room. Was guaranteed at least a King and possibly a doubles room after the second day, but when I checked in the hotel clerk offered me a 1 queen room. But that was quickly remedied, we did get a King room, and we did indeed "eventually" get our 2 doubles room on the 3rd night.
Also, my mother mentioned being able to hear our neighbors each morning taking a shower. And one night actually hearing them talk in the other room, although not necessarily being able to make out the conversation, unless we "really" wanted to, lol!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed 23 March 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We had a great room, except for the bathroom, which had really disgusting tile. It did not appear clean. Otherwise, the hotel was great! The service was excellent, the furnishings were pretty modern, there's a starbucks downstairs. The bed is usually the most important thing to me, it was decent. The reason we won't come back is because our vehicle was vandalized in the parking lot. We were parked on the first row in front of the entrance and someone smashed in our mirrors, causing over $1000 of damage. There is no hotel security in the parking areas.

1 Thank tripcasey
Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2010

My husband and I spent a kid-free two days in Dallas to run a half-marathon. The Renaissance provided a wonderful place to relax after the challenge of the run. The location was very convenient to downtown, where our event took place. The room was extremely clean;the furniture and decor modern. Most importantly, the bed was VERY comfortable (all-white linens and bedspread). The high def flat screen tv was a plus; also enjoyed a his/her separate sink arrangement and closet across from the vanity sink.Everything that would be unsightly, like mini-fridge and coffee maker were nicely tucked away behind cabinets. We requested a view of downtown, but got the opposite side- not as nice, but ok. I'm sure the downtown view is spectacular if you can get it. The breakfast( that was additional cost) was very very good and was served in one of two restaurants in the lobby area- went with the buffet, which did not disappoint- tons of fresh fruit, great eggs..carbs were available, but certainly not the only choice. The coffee rocked! Coffee maker in room and complimentary coffee there was good as well. There was also a bar and a snack/magazine room in the lobby that we did not try. We utilized the internet access room and found everything in working order and comfortable. The pool/hot tub on the roof was being rennovated. The workout room looked very nice. The only complaint we have about our stay was the first night- night before the run when sleep was very important (happened to be a Sat night.): Guests keep returning in waves to their rooms until 3 am. They were very noisy in the hallways..heard all the talk and slamming doors- very annoying! The next night was quiet- though a bomb could have gone off and I was possibly too tired to have heard. I'm not sure what the hotel could do about this besides building thicker, more insulated walls...or putting up a "quiet please" sign. Overall, a very pleasant stay..esp if you have any downtown activities planned.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I've stayed in this hotel several times now and the rooms are very clean and large with comfortable beds and good size bathrooms. The rooftop pool is wonderful and the fitness room is well stocked with equipment, cool towels, fruits and water. I also like that it is within walking distance of the Dallas Market Center and it does not require valet parking. Valet is available, but self parking is available right in front of and beside the hotel so you can save some money by not having to pay for valet. I will stay here often when I am in Dallas. My only tip is to request a room near the center of the hotel, due to its' unique shape the farther out you go, the smaller the room and then end rooms are quite small.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 13 February 2010

This hotel continues to be my favorite place to stay when doing work off I-35E near the split with 183. It looks like a big, modern tube of lipstick. Parking is free, check-in around 9:00 PM was friendly and efficient, and my room (2405) was nicely furnished, including a large flat screen TV. I suggest you ask for a room with a view of downtown Dallas, rather than the hospital complex (which is what I had this time). The Government rate is quite reasonable and included a free breakfast buffet, but they did ask to see a Government ID to get that rate. One negative that turned into a positive - when I went down at the start of the breakfast buffet (6:00 AM), the hot food wasn't ready. The waiter/host went out of his way to have the kitchen prepare for me eggs, bacon, potatoes, and toast, in addition to the cold foods available on the buffet... all complementary. He definitely turned a minus into a plus for me.

I'll be back.