“Great Hotel, Great Service, Great Location”

Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Ranked #8 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I came to Dallas for a three day business conference. I brought my wife and intended on staying at the Ritz, but no rooms available. My wife suggested staying at the Mansion as she heard it was remodeled/renovated since the last time we stayed there. Anyway, our stay was perfect. We especially liked the outside patio bar!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TJR3

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed with family here over 4th July weekend. I wA working downtown Dallas over holiday while family had the entire hotel and staff to theirselves. Warm cookies and milk were deliverd to my children in bed by staff. On staff repair man helped kids get their pool toys working while I was at work. Great service. Made my dreaded working holiday go very smooth.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed at the Mansion on business as was elated at the service, support and operation of this fine hotel. The rooms were comfortable, the staff very supportive and welcoming and the food was five star quality. This is a great place for a weekend get away!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2012

TRMOTC is certainly outstanding in many ways- some service shines with regard to valet, bellmen, the desk receptionist, housekeeping; the guest room is huge and spacious with the bath amenities by Lady Primrose being especially nice. But it is impossible for TRMOTC to live up to expectations: so what if the mattress was a tad lumpy, the turndown service for our room (where the hotel was privy to knowing my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary) with just one bottled water and one goblet; the cocktail waitress better suited for an upscale beer joint than a five-star hotel; all things considered, TRMOTC is still a wonderful place. (It is sad to see The Restaurant which for years was THE place to celebrate any special occasion in Dallas fall to what it appears to be now).

Room Tip: Don't have too high of expectation from the impression you may get from the reservationist when...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fbadaddallas
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have stayed at the Mansion on Turtle creek so many times, I cannot count. This last visit, while I still like the hotel very much, was slightly disappointing. The old-money Dallas charm has been replaced with mod uninteresting furniture and accents. I remember the beds being so comfortable, this time not at all. I had to call down for some house slippers, as I was used to them being available in the room before. I had room service and it was OK. During the night, I was woken up numerous times because the service door would slam shut with a bang. I did turn in a review, because I was underwhelmed and tired when I checked out and the GM sent me a free night stay, next time I am in Dallas- which I will definitely use. It was the correct thing to do, and I will hopefully have an update next time I stay there.

Room Tip: Request a room not near a service door.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Although we were advised that this hotel is in demand and extremely popular, we found it to be 'charming and grand' more due to its old fashioned and 'outdated' feel (which is probably the attraction) but not really somewere we would return to. It is spotless and the staff are really helpful and friendly but we felt it was somewere more suited to a business trip as there were conferences being held, and as we were on vacation, felt a little out of place as a family travelling, not that anyone made us feel that way. The beds were really comfy and everywehere is spotless. We were on a lower floor so the view was really of the front courtyard but I am sure that the higher you get the view would be better. The hotel is sitiuated in the quiter part of Dallas but near enough to walk to local amenties (restaurants etc..).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Budsysmrs
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We were in Dallas for my daughter's play & stayed @ the Rosewood Mansion. We were impressed from the moment we pulled up to the entrance. Very friendly & attentive staff. We had the premier room, from the room's decor to the bathroom layout was just incredible, the waterfall like shower to the large tub, & the COMFY bed. I definitely recommend the car service if you don't want to drive locally, nothing like being driven around in a Jaguar, makes a statement. My boyfriend who serves in Afghanistan & has stayed @ hotels in Dubai, compares/rates the Rosewood Mansion among the 5 star hotels in Dubai. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple