“Like coming home”

Ranked #85 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
San Francisco
“Like coming home”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times, but never written a review before, yet every time I leave I am so pleased that I tell myself I simply MUST do so. The staff at this hotel are warm, welcoming, helpful and efficient. I travel constantly for business and that combination is rare. And my room is always spotless, definately making me comfortable it is thoroughly cleaned. Not just a quick sweep theough i feel at some hotels. The location is great for me, convenient to my office but also easy to get to so many fun restaurants and shopping areas. I went to the west village on this last trip. It was so close and so fun. And all of the comments about the train do not bother me at all. I've heard it, but it shuts down at night and has never once affected my sleep. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank abno1
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate the review. The West Village is one of the best places to window shop. Brooks Brothers, Gap, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and Tommy Bahama are wonderful. But the over sized Starbucks finishes off the night...or gives a second wind.
Callan Hamann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed 11 April 2012

...you will be fine. This is an excellent facility EXCEPT for the pair of train tracks running both in front and behind the hotel. The restaurant served a very enjoyable and varied menu selection. The rooms were clean and well appointed with updated furniture and amenities. The front desk and the breakfast staffs were very helpful and friendly. If you are a light sleeper, however, be prepared to be awakened at least twice per night by the passing trains. There is a major thoroughfare crossing the tracks across the street from the front door, so the trains must sound the horns many times as they approach it...all night long.

1 Thank CPaq01
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear CPaq,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center. I do apologize for the ambient noise in the area surrounding the hotel. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Room was very clean with new carpeting. The hotel unfortunately is right next to the train tracks and regardless of your room location you will hear the trains as they pass by and sound their whistle. Service was good and food was above average. If you're a heavy sleeper stay here with no worries, if not keep searching.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank RyanC78
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,
My staff and I pride ourselves on customer service. Dallas is a large city and being centrally located has both pros and cons. Please note the hotel is not just a two sided structure and we have multiple views and directions to choose from. Please ask for a view away from Market and Downtown. We look forward to a future stay.
Waconia, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, and was serenaded each night by loud trains every hour, did not sleep much as a result. The room was clean bu run down, and the bathroom smacked of the 1980's. On two days my wake up call did not happen, and it made for some frustrating moments.

I travel a lot, and would not stay here again.

1 Thank Jim N
Dear Guest,
I am sorry your stay was not more enjoyable. We have three sides of the hotel because the building is a triangle. We would be happy to arrange for you to move rooms and even improve your view. Admittedly, not all guests like the bathroom wall texture. But as noted, we provide a clean comfortable guestroom. I had not heard of the other items you had mentioned previously but I do follow up on all feedback. Please consider staying with us again and I am positive your stay will be more than enjoyable.
Callan Hamann

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We were due to fly back to Kansas City that afternoon but the weather had different thoughts. We scrambled to get a room at our favorite H.I. in the Galleria area but they were booked up. Our travel agency found this one. It was only 3 miles from our facility which at 5 PM was 20 minutes in travel time.
We were recognized as platinum members but we were not offered an upgrade. Frankly, at the time of this review, I do not know if they have suites.

The room was a double bed. Very modern and updated. Had plenty of outlets for us business types with all our hook ups. Of course the regular stuff. Free wifi, fridge, flat screen HDTV,

I was on the 4th floor and you can see Interstate 35 from the window but the noise was minimal.

The neighborhood I can not comment on as I have not "hung" out in this vicinity.

All in all if I was unable to go to my "fav" hotel in Dallas, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for the fourth floor. Seems to be nice and quiet.
1 Thank Woodrow W
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at such a difficult time. I hope we are able to host your stay again soon.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for business. I'm calling this review heartbreak hotel because it represented a step down from previous HHs I've stayed at in the past. What made the hotel a heartbreak was its dismal state. It seems to have been worn down by many visitors. The rug in my room was frayed, there was a pervasive smell in the hallway and the room, and the ice machine on my floor was continuously broken my entire stay. I didn't use the hotel restaurant, but I did use the fitness room It has adequate facilities. I say adequate because some of the equipment was broken (tv on treadmill and at least one of the treadclimers, tread on treadmill loose). I'm glad they had something to help me unwind at the end of a busy day anyway.

The biggest area in need of improvement is housekeeping. When I checked in, my bath and bedding was covered with random hairs. I left a note for housekeeping requesting linen changes and they took care of the problem the next day. On the third day of my stay, I noticed gum on the carpet just outside one of the elevators on my floor. After many hours of it not being addressed, I went down to the front desk to report it. Next morning, the gum was still there, but most of it removed by late afternoon. Unfortunately, remnants of the gum remained until I departed two days later. Throughout my stay, dishes left outside rooms after room service stayed in the hallway for many hours and sometimes overnight.

Despite some of the negatives, this hotel did brisk business. From entry until exit, the staff was always gracious, helpful, and in good spirits. They made staying at the hotel a joy. The hotel is near a medical complex, a trade center, and off a major highway and near public transportation (the train ran right by my room); a good location. The clientele were varied. There are few restaurants in the area, but a bit of variety (diner, sushi, Italian, fast food) within a one-mile radius.

Despite some of things that need improvement, this hotel was a pleasant place to stay because of the atmosphere if nothing else.You can tell when people are really trying to do their best and that's what the hotel staff represented above all.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the train line, in the middle of the floor, high up and hope for the best.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Crecia
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Guest,
We appreciate the feedback because it always helps us to improve the next stay. We are also very proud of our customer service, as you suggested. Please come to stay with us again. We strive to be a great hotel guests love.
Bridgeport, West Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

One of the best stays ever. We travel a great deal, this was almost like being home.
Chef Ray created some of the best food, was extremely satisfied. Usually we dine at different locations each night, the food was so good we had dinner at the hotel the entire week of our stay, it is that good.
My wife can't eat things like butter, salt and a few other items most enjoy, Chef Ray made plates that were not only something my wife could enjoy but were healthy for her. Chef Ray the next time we are in Dallas we will be staying here again, thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite, it was perfect
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business