“Great Stay, Friendly Staff”

Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

This is the first time staying at this location of Hampton Inn, Decatur and was very pleasantly surprised. I arrived late (after midnight), but my keys were ready and even in the middle of the night, the clerk was happy to greet me. The bed was comfortable and the room spotless. The next morning, in the light of day, everything looked just as nice, and upon inquiring if this was a new hotel, found that it is already 8 years old, but is kept up as good as if it opened yesterday. Breakfast was varied and fresh. I got called to an early morning meeting, and a late check-out was extended without concern. I enjoy Hilton locations (personally) if they are available, but will stay here any time I am in the Decatur area, and would wholeheartedly, and without reservation, recommend it to anyone else as well.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I needed a hotel to stay at since we had to take my son to camp about 30 minutes away. After reading the great reviews about Hampton Inn in Decatur, I decided to book a regular king room.

Upon entering, I noticed how nice the hotel smelled and how clean it was. We were greeted by Kim at the front desk. Check in was a breeze! Also, Kim was so nice and friendly. Talking to her, it was like talking to a friend. She was the friendliest FDA I have ever met. The rest of the staff at this Hampton were really nice too.

When we got to our room, we noticed it smelled really nice and was very clean. However, our tv didn't have a signal. I called down to the front desk and explained the situation to Kim who was still very nice about everything. Within a few minutes, Karen was knocking at our door to fix our tv which she did in a few minutes. Karen was also very nice.

The bed was very comfortable. I love Hampton beds. I've never slept in an uncomfortable Hampton bed.

We couldn't close the curtains all the way, so there was some light coming into our room throughout the night. This didn't bother me because I don't like sleeping in pitch black. Plus, in the morning, it was storming so it didn't get very light out.

We went down for breakfast a little before 7:30am. Breakfast was a little bit of a disappointment. My husband and I felt like there wasn't much of a great selection. There was scrambled eggs (which tasted better than most hotels), ham, fried potatoes, oatmeal, three types of cereal, a few pastries, bread, English muffins, apples, one type of yogurt, waffles, juice, tea, coffee, and water. I'm not sure if I've left anything out. It would have been nice to have some sausage or bacon and biscuits with gravy as well as a bigger selection of fruit. My husband also said the coffee wasn't very tasty.

Checkout was really simple as well. I didn't get her name, but the lady who checked us out this (Monday) morning was very friendly as well.

All in all, the Hampton in Decatur is a great hotel. This hotel has the friendliest staff I've ever met, and I've stayed in a lot of hotels! The rooms are clean, and the beds are comfortable. If you are looking for a great hotel in Decatur, you need to stay at the Hampton Inn.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2017

We were checked in before realizing the swimming pool was not usable. The children did play in the hot tub but it wasnt a good substitute. The rooms were clean and nice. The workers were nice and helpful. Your free internet is dificult to use and caused some added stress. McDonalds is very user friendly. You should copy their program. Breakfast was great, people friendly. Enjoyed it very much. We would stay again but after inquiring what was working and what was not.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We always stay at this hotel when we are in town. The staff is always friendly and the accommodations are always nice. The rooms are always clean. On this visit we had upstairs neighbors that were really noisy and that made it difficult to sleep. However, the staff handled it quickly. :)

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed overnight while traveling. From the check in to check out everyone was super friendly. Even though we were late for breakfast, we were greeted and helped with a smile! Rooms were clean and comfortable. Great place to stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Great value and hotel, clean room and facilities, we slept well, ate well and continued on our journey! Beds were comfortable and there were lots of good food options for breakfast. A definite good stay and thumbs up!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Decatur. The facility was very clean and comfortable. The bedding was better than high end places I've stayed at recently. The staff was very attentive to the needs of their guests.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
1.1 km away
1.4 km away
Candlewood Suites Decatur Medical Center
14.9 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bridgeport

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur? Share your experiences!