“Couldn't have asked for more!”

Comfort Suites Deer Park
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Deer Park
Denmark, Australia
“Couldn't have asked for more!”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Our family booked this hotel because of it's #1 rating with TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating considering we were there for my father's funeral and many of us had traveled long distances to attend. Even though we did not get the original rooms we requested (adjoining on the first level) the alternative worked out fine. The rooms were clean and spacious and the beds very comfortable. They allowed us to enjoy a large family gathering by the pool after the service which I thought was extremely understanding and generous. My only suggestion for the owners is to upgrade their wi-fi connection as we did find this slow. Overall it was a wonderful stay at a very difficult time.
If you need a nice spa experience (and who doesn't after 26 hours of flying!) I can highly recommend the Beyond Beaute just a few blocks on Center Street. They were extremely flexible in handling our group booking and took excellent care of us.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank OzPolo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
USA
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This hotel is in a convenient central location. The rooms were clean and in good condition. Everyone who worked there was very friendly and helpful. I was there on a business trip but I would definitely go back there on vacation with my family

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RickUSA1
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I arrived late and was immediately checked in, by a very friendly front desk attendant. I was informed of a "happy hour" where they serve free beer from 5-7 in the lobby and given a bottle of cold water. Breakfast was typical.

One should note that this is in a dry (no alcohol sales) area, the closest drinking establishment is a few miles away in La Porte. This hotel is also in an industrial part of town and there are many refineries and chemical plants within a mile.

The wireless internet was decent as well, although it did not seem like many people were staying there so the load could have been light.

Overall the hotel was quiet, clean and comfortable and I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
DHopkins
Reviewed 23 November 2007

I returned to my room to find my husband in the shower and a housekeeper in the room. I was somewhat shocked that when she entered the room, heard the shower she came in anyway. I said to her, "My husband is in the shower", and she said, "that's okay." I said that it wasn't and she needed to leave. She kept cleaning. I went to the front desk clerk, who then came up and asked the housekeeper to leave. I later talked to the manager, "Dimple" on the phone. He told me he didn't know what to say...that if it was such a problem I should check out. I said it's Thanksgiving, where was I to go? He responded, "The Best Western". What a "professional" reaction!!!!!!!!

I will never stay in this particular hotel again. Not even an apology was given.

Stayed November 2007
3 Thank DHopkins
Reviewed 26 October 2007

Warning! This hotel overbooks. Even though you have a
guaranteed reservation, you will be told ther are no rooms left.
You will be sent to the Best Western next door which is owned by the same person as Comfort Suites. It happened to us. It was not pleasant.

• Disliked — Confirmed Reservation Meant Nothing.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank TexasTraveler222
Reviewed 19 September 2007

There are problems at this hotel. The carpet in the hallways was discolored and dirty. The sofabed and chair in the room was stained. I was there during a hot Texas summer month and the air conditioner did not cool adequately. The hallways were hot. Not all the TV channels worked. There is a business center where email could be viewed but not sent. Despite the fact that most guests appeared to be businessmen, Net Nanny on the computers blocked access to sites such as cnn.com. Breakfast was just ok., with few healthy food choices like yogurt or non-sugar coated cereal. The guest room was spacious and the staff seemed friendly but this did not make up for the problems.

Stayed August 2007
4 Thank Traveler2211
NEBRASKA
Reviewed 4 January 2007

The hotel was very nice. The rooms were very spacious and even had extra tall ceilings. The hotel was quiet and comfortable. The free hot breakfast was very good.
Our only complaint was the hot tub. It is shaped like Texas which it really cute. However, I have NEVER EVER been to a hotel where you had to ask the desk clerk to turn on the heater in the hot tub. She said it would only take 15 min to heat up. Well an hour later it was lukewarm and later in the evening it didn't get any better. The jets were powerful, but who wants a lukewarm tub? We were very let down. Coming from a northern climate we felt the outside temperature was quite nice and were really looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub under the stars. We had a short stay though since the water was only lukewarm.
The pool was frigid. If they are going to keep the pool open in the winter shouldn't it be heated?

• Liked — quiet, spacious rooms
  • Disliked — lukewarm hot tub
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
0.6 km away
Americas Best Value Inn &  Suites- Deer Park / Houston
6.1 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pasadena North

Been to Comfort Suites Deer Park? Share your experiences!