“Great place to cool off in Texas”
Review of The Republic Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Republic Grill
Ranked #27 of 55 Restaurants in Deer Park
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Reviewed June 30, 2015

We stopped in here to get out of the heat and have a cold beer or three. They had a very extensive tap selection, the 420 sweetwater was awesome beer (I think that was the name). Food was decent as well. Oh and the tunes that were playing were excellent, Johhny Cash to Pantera and everything in between! Wait staff were very diligent and never kept us waiting for another round.

Reviewed January 22, 2015

Nice location, and beautiful glass wall inside, overlooking golf course. However, the meal was not extraordinary . We came for the buffet, but was informed they no longer do the Sunday buffet. First, we were the only ones in the restaurant on a Sunday at 1pm, and it took over 30 minutes for our order to arrive. We ordered the beef quesadilla for an appetizer, and for entrees we had a gourmet hamburger and a roast beef sandwich with au-jus. The waitress was fantastic. She would check on us every few minutes and sincerely apologized for the wait. The first item to come to the table was my burger and fries. I asked about the appetizer, and the waitress told us they were having difficulty in the kitchen with the order because 1) they were working on a catering, and 2) were in the middle of changing out the menu, so they are no longer doing certain appetizers. Well, they should have told her before hand so that we could cancel, or order something else. The appetizer came out 10 minutes later, with the roast beef sandwich. The quesadilla was good and flavorful(although the cheese was not a quesadilla cheese), but the roast beef sandwich was not browned or grilled, the meat was not seasoned, and the au-jus was very salty. My gourmet burger had spinach, grilled onions, bleu cheese and mushrooms, but the patty was a preformed ready made product that lacked some flavor, and the bun was greasy on top, and not grilled either. The spinach was wilted, but im sure it was due to how long i let the burger sit until the other food arrived. When I asked my best friend, and partner in crime, what he thought... he said "for 35 dollars, we should have gone to Red Lobster." And we don't do Red Lobster....lol
So, its 2 out of 5 stars, but perhaps a 3 because of the waitress. Don't let her go.

Reviewed December 24, 2014

Very good value for money place, you get alot for what you pay. Rustic setting, I had the chicken woodlands which consisted of grilled Chicken topped with Cheese, sundried tomatoes and a hint of lemon amd basil. Delicious. Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 30, 2014 via mobile

Beth and her staff were miraculous and provided the perfect ceremony and reception with only 40 days notice. It was shockingly affordable. They delivered at Champagne wedding on a shoestring budget. This place is a hidden treasure and we highly recommend this venue, food and atmosphere. We originally planned an outdoor wedding but the weather forced us indoors and I am great full it did. I could not have imagined a more beautiful setting. Food was absolutely delicious and the pasta bar was a huge hit. Will definately use them again on my next large event.

1  Thank Nikki S
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I found the official website for " The Republic Grill " http://www.therepublicgrill.net/ and decided to go for the Sunday buffet as advertised for $ 7.95. There was a chaulk board at the grill before you reached the tables that read $ 7.95 for breakfast & 9.95 for lunch which were both buffet style. My wife and I decided on the breakfast as the lunch items didn't look very appetizing. The breakfast ranked no better than a 3 on a 10 being the best scale. About 10 minutes into our breakfast our waitress brought the check to the table which was over $ 30.00 My wife asked our waitress why our breakfast was $ 14.95 each & she said it had always been that price on Sundays. So, the chaulkboard prices meant nothing and anyone who cares to check the website in link above will see the breakfast listed as $ 7.95 on Sundays. On the way out of their place, we noticed a lone memo sitting on table near the chaulkboard that read that the grill would be changing its hours due to a lack of customers. I wonder why that would be?

3  Thank John_MX5952UX