All reviews great management other guests free wifi would stay here again mitch odor
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Very noisy - no carpet - basic amenities - not warm and inviting at all. Obviously pet friendly - listened to barking dogs all night. A really terse argument from a few doors down. The room was very noisy. Water pressure in the shower was low, but was hot. The sink didn't drain. There was a refrigerator and a microwave as well as a Television. Cigarette burns in the bedspread - not just one - but several. We were in a non-smoking room. Price - was ok - overpriced for what you get. On the plus side- I suppose they could hose the place down every day.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

Allyson, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our award-winning Phoenix room redesign featuring wood-effect laminate floors. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Motel 6 rules for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the dissatisfaction you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

Family friendly and very dog friendly. Excellent service and employees! Best stay ever at this hotel. Will definitely stay longer! Owner and employees treat with up most respect and will make sure you are very comfortable. Thank you Mitch, your hotel and service is amazing! Keep up the good work! Love Motel 6 Denton tx

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
mitul_desai, General Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.
Your positive feed back is are very important for us.we will keep try to give best service to all of the guest who staying here at motel 6 Denton on university Dr.
Thanking you.

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

I was a walk in at this Motel 6 this past Friday. I had decided to stay there because I had gotten into a spat with my wife. However I changed my mind almost immediately(less than 10 minutes) because I wanted to stay in my own home and went back to the office to return the key and requested a refund. The clerk stated that because it was a weekend I could not receive a refund and he refused to take the key card. He did state that if I wanted to speak to a manager that he would be in on Sunday. I left the property immediately(just to clarify, I DID NOT stay at the motel) and I returned on Sunday and the manager, Mitch, stated that I should have been given my refund then. He then stated that he wanted to confirm with his employee if my statements were true by calling him and that he would call me later. I gave him a day and didn't hear anything back so I went in again and he had yet to speak to his employee, but he'd call me the following morning. The following day I went in again and he stated that I had stayed in the room long enough to tamper with it and fix it to make it appear that I was not there. He added that I was "gone too long" in order for me to get a refund. My wife called customer service and explained the situation and was told that a refund should have been issued, however they called the property and Mitch told customer service that I was there for over 30 minutes and that they tracked it by the number of times I used the key card, which was only used once when I originally went into the room and again I TRIED TO RETURN THE KEY. Then we were referred back to the property manager because supposably this location is independent and the name doesn't tie it to the company, Motel 6(even though customer service had record of my short visit). I called customer service once more and they stated that the manager claimed that I had multiple people over, noise complaints and that I was smoking in a nonsmoking room. Again, I did not stay at the motel, I went home to resolve things with my wife and I stayed home. I'm not sure if they allowed someone else into the room after I left, but their surveillance footage will show that I did not stay the night there and that I did leave the property. In short, I'm out of my money because a clerk either didn't know how to do their job or didn't feel like doing their job and the manager is dishonest. I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here or do business with ANY Motel 6 at this point.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Micah, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard your reservation and the inconveniences you experienced. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Great experience. Staff very courteous and accommodating. Room clean, plenty of towels. For a budget motel I could rank them with some of the very expensive that I have stayed in. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Dear Guest, We appreciate you recognizing our clean team members and our property. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, please come again soon. If you haven't already done so, please call our Guest Relations Department to share your experience: 1-855-787-9864. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

Got off the rd after 11 hours to find this had pet friendly rooms. However they arent very human friendly! Smoked in, not clean, no way to block out security lights (wuch I assume they need due to the all night activity of its regulars. Keep driving!

Date of stay: May 2017