“Good, but not spicy”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed May 19, 2016

Mr. Chopsticks is the go-to place when my family wants Chinese... it is a Denton institution. The staff is always friendly with prompt service. Love the unique combination of veg included in the dishes (okra, zucchini, etc). My one complaint... I like things spicy and although I always order dishes marked spicy, they rarely are. I know I can request more spice but always seem to forget... still manage to eat everything on our plates.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

A lot of my friends love this place, so maybe it's me. But I haven't been back in a year or more, and will go again only to make a friend happy. Maybe it's because
Denton has limited options for Chinese.

A place that tries to be everything to everybody (too many Asian cuisines) almost always ends up falling short. And everything stir fried seems drenched in oil. Less is more.

Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

We very much enjoyed the Chinese dishes the first time we picked up food to go (except the egg rolls which tasted liked they'd been fried in old oil).

So this evening, my wife went to pick up a few order of pho.

I guess that if you go to a Chinese restaurant you should order Chinese, at a Vietnamese restaurant order Vietnamese.

As good as the Chinese dishes had been the pho was a big disappointment. Normally the beef is sliced very thin; not here. So be prepared for a bit of chewing. Also the broth was fatty with greasy globules floating on top. The taste wasn't to bad and had they made the effort to skim the broth it wouldn't have been a total loss.

If I were rating Mr. Chopsticks solely on the Chinese food I'd give it four stars but the pho dropped it down a notch.

BTW I'd be very hesitant to try the sushi there. Best go to your local Japanese restaurant.

Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

If you're expecting to wait and find your servers than this is definitely the place for you!

Such poor service and management was seen during my visit of Mr. Chopsticks. Came in expecting a great experience but ended up ruining my afternoon.

No servers were on sight, I had to be the one to go find one after waiting for what seemed an eternity.
I at least expected the food to be great but sadly, I also had a bad experience with that. I ended up finding a hair on my soup. Had to go find the server to tell her that since she only dropped by to drop out checks and left. Found half of the servers sitting around btw.
The manager comes to me and says he's sorry that I found hair in my food. Best part is that he asks ME what he should do. I asked him what he thinks he should do and he says that he can half the price. That's perfect! I still pay to have hair in my food.
Afterwards, we still had to wait for the server to come back with my friends credit card and the manager comes by and asks if he could help me with anything in a rude tone. I told him we're waiting for my friend's card, to which the server finally returns with the card.

The entire visit at the restaurant was almost an hour and a half
Most of it was waiting for a server to show up. Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. I don't think I can come back to this place after such an experience.

1  Thank Carla V
Reviewed March 16, 2016

Close to campus and decent food. I had the daily special, stir fry with orange chicken. The food was decent but the eggroll was very greasy. The outdoor patio was amazing and the service was super. We were able to have a good conversation without much interruption from the waitstaff, just enough to check on us. I forgot to check for WiFi.

Been to Mr. Chopsticks? Share your experiences!