“It is ok”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

The service was pretty good and the price was were reasonable. The chicken in my Orange chicken had great tasting breading. The dried rice was waaaay too salty and the orange sauce was watery and so was my husband's sweet and sour chicken .

Reviewed June 5, 2016

I was a UNT student in the 1990's, and Mr. Chopsticks was one of the places where I could frequently afford to fill up on some tasty food. That was another lifetime ago, and more has changed in that time, aside from just its original location. It was never "fine dining" - but we knew that, and it's "shabbiness" was part of its charm, back in the day. But unfortunately, the quality of both flavors AND service have plunged into the abyss. I was back in Denton not long ago, and decided to see if some of my old favorite menu items still hit the spot. Well, many of those menu items were extinct. And that which remained, was critically endangered. None of the tasty spicy Thai flavors remained. Worse that the flavorless Panda Express menu, however, was the uncaring service provided by the staff. It's not as though we were there during the lunch rush, or anything. In fact, it wasn't busy at all. But the service was slow, rude, and unacceptable. I've had the last meal I'll ever have at Mr. Chopsticks. The 90's were so great!

1  Thank Texonesian
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

Very reasonably priced. Lightest yummiest crab Rangoon ever. Philadelphia roll very fresh and good size! Basil chicken super delicious. Pass on the egg roll, not our favorite a bit greasy and over cooked. Server very attentive.

Reviewed May 19, 2016

Mr. Chopsticks is the go-to place when my family wants Chinese... it is a Denton institution. The staff is always friendly with prompt service. Love the unique combination of veg included in the dishes (okra, zucchini, etc). My one complaint... I like things spicy and although I always order dishes marked spicy, they rarely are. I know I can request more spice but always seem to forget... still manage to eat everything on our plates.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

A lot of my friends love this place, so maybe it's me. But I haven't been back in a year or more, and will go again only to make a friend happy. Maybe it's because
Denton has limited options for Chinese.

A place that tries to be everything to everybody (too many Asian cuisines) almost always ends up falling short. And everything stir fried seems drenched in oil. Less is more.

Been to Mr. Chopsticks? Share your experiences!