“New server”

Ranked #22 of 417 Restaurants in Denton
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 13, 2015 via mobile

The hamburger steak, fries and pinto beans makes a great southern meal. I was seated immediately, served tea and biscuits right away. The new hire server took my order and was friendly. I asked for a double steak meal but I guess he was so concerned with getting it cooked correctly that he missed that detail. No problem. The twice my tea stayed empty for a few minutes. The third time I asked another server for a refill. Then my server appeared a few seconds later to give my meal ticket. He was a nice kid but needs to pay closer attention. From my table placement I could view the kitchen entry activity. At one point as my server stood there as if waiting to be called, his manager brought to his attention that a corner table in his area was awaiting service. The food was fresh, hot and good. The service could have been better. Maybe don't turn the trainee to solo so soon. Kudos to the manager for trying to catch everything but you missed at least one. I would return here though. It wasn't a bad experience just a substandard visit from what I expect at Cracker Barrel! I will return.

Reviewed October 6, 2015

We like their beans and cornbread along with their breakfast menu items. We do not like their chairs; they are too small in the back area by your hips where it wraps around and is very uncomfortable. I wish they would reconsider their chairs and we would go more. We speak to a lot of people that think the same way.

Reviewed October 1, 2015

Good food and friendly staff. Have eaten there many times and they have always been good. Even the times that I have had to wait it is nice to browse and look at the items displayed. I often get the vegetable plate and they do a good job of matching what my mother use to make.

Reviewed September 30, 2015

This Cracker Barrel is a very busy place. Wait time was about 10 minutes or so on a Saturday afternoon. Service was nice and friendly. The food was good, came out hot and fresh. It's a bit noisy and crowded inside, but the food is good.

Reviewed September 16, 2015

I'd bet anyone who travels via the road often like we do, has been to one of the Cracker Barrel restaurants. If you're like us, we had assumed they were just home cooking high carb, burgers or fried foods. Well we have learned that there are a number of meals on the menu that are in the "healthy" category, like the salads with chicken etc. Over the past several years we have eaten here while traveling, and I'm sure we will again.

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!