All reviews small strip attending a wedding front desk staff basketball court gas station one night recommend this hotel to anyone great hotel parking lot a great stay waffles free breakfast heather marriotts property lobby gym
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I spent two nights at this hotel last weekend while I was in town for my son's wedding, which was held in Aubrey, TX. Our room was clean, comfortable, spacious, and quiet. I booked the room by redeeming some points and also using a free night obtained as a Marriott Rewards Cardholder. The front desk staff was very pleasant. In fact, Tyler remembered my name throughout my stay. The breakfast personnel were equally kind. In fact, one of the ladies went into the kitchen in search of perfectly ripe banana for my husband!

The hotel was a little hard to locate once we exited, I-35. Your best bet would be to enter through the QT parking lot and drive thru the small strip mall. The view from our room was of a power station. However, I don't think any of the rooms offer a great view due to the location of the hotel.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I am ever in the area. My son commented that our room was much nicer than his room at the Marriott Courtyard and that his room also did not include a complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms located on higher floors and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Heather E, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denton, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Thank you very much for staying with us! Glad you enjoyed tour stay and congrats on your son getting married. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is nice and so are all the employees I met. Clean like you expect out of the Marriott system plenty of parking and beds are very comfortable. Tiffany at the front desk ( breakfast area and social director) needs a big shout out in a three day stay I watched her work three different positions and was very good at each

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Heather E, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denton, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Thank you for the great review and great comments. We really appreciate it. Safe Travels. Come back soon!

Heather.Etheridge@Marriott.com

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Its too bad that there is not a zero feature. On Saturday, we were traveling from San Antonio and to Oklahoma. I booked a Reward stay at this location and I received confirmation. Several hours later, I received an email confirming my cancellation. Being that I DID NOT cancel, I called the hotel. The young man who answered the phone \informed me that he was new, as was the other employee on duty. He stated that he'd contact his manager and asked me to call back in 4 HOURS???Being that I was 100 miles away, I told him Id call in half hour. When I called he stated that the manager informed him that there was nothing that could be done and Id have to look for lodging elsewhere. All hotels at this point in that vicinity and elsewhere were booked. We stayed at a location 50 miles past where we were confirmed.
I had initially asked if the manager who look to find me lodging at another Marriott, and if they could call me. They never did. I never received a straight answer as how my reservation was cancelled

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Heather E, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denton, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2017

I am so very sad you feel that way. From what I could tell your reservation was cancelled thru your rewards login. That is not something we would control at property level. If we could of reinstated the reservation for you we would have. Unforgenately we were sold out and did not have any availability to get you settled at our property. If you would like to discuss further you are more than welcome to contact me at the property during the week.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

As a Platinum Premier Elite rewards member I never expect an upgrade to a room with a view of a wall. Last time I had a view like this was in New York city at Super 8 twenty years ago. Avoid the rooms with the last two digits 20. Hotel is fairly new. The breakfast staff are great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not look at a wall.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. Yes those rooms are odd how they face back into the building. Let me know next time you are visiting and I will make sure you have a better view. Safe travels.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

I booked this for one night due to business in the Denton, Texas area, and I'm glad I ran into this area. The property and staff were absolutely top notch!

Upon check-in, the front desk associate, Tyler, gave great friendly and personal service to ensure satisfaction. He called after an hour to ensure that the room was to perfection, and offered his name and extension if I needed anything else.

The room was one of the best Marriott rooms I have stayed at, and I'm a Platinum Elite member, so I've seen a lot!

The GM was friendly, and even offered to keep my food in their fridge after checkout so it would stay cold (the car would ruin the food in a Texas summer!).

Absolutely, 10/10 I will stay again. Thank you!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Heather E, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denton, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Dear BritishSandite,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Denton with us!
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a Valued Guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service. I am very happy to hear Tyler was top notch! I will be sure to let him know!

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Denton and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Denton. Safe Travels!

Residence Inn of Denton