“Best fajitas in Dumas”

Mariscos La Quinta
Ranked #4 of 44 Restaurants in Dumas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 13, 2017

I live in Dumas and have ate there several times overt the years. The food can be a little on the spicy side but the food is always great. I think they have the best fajitas in town.

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

The $9.99 lunch buffet featured grilled shrimp fajitas, carne guisada, carne rojo, sauteed polish sausage and peppers and fresh fried whole tilapia. (Salad and cake for dessert plus rice and beans as sides.) The food was hot and fresh. The fish was excellent. The waitress brought us fresh tortillas and chips. The salsa bar featured almost a dozen salsas. Great value. Authentic Mexican food. Great beer selection. Great food.

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

I dislike writing negative reviews, especially when the server was so sweet and likable. But... service was slow, our food (for 3 of us) came out one at a time, the enchiladas were very average, and rice wasn't very good. We ordered a bowl of queso with the chips, and it had the consistency of soup- very runny, and bland and wouldn't stay on the chips. I actually laid a paper napkin trail from the bowl to my plate to catch the drops.
Next time- somewhere else.

Reviewed August 3, 2017

Stopped in about 7 PM and ordered the 7 Mares seafood soup. Took about a half hour to prepare it and with only two other tables to serve, there was no rush. Nice clean dining area and friendly staff. The salsa bar has a lot of choices and the ones I tried were very good. Nothing was labeled so a gringo like me was just guessing. Chips & Salsa kept me busy till the soup arrived. The broth had excellent flavor with many big chucks of tender fish. Great start. After that I found the shrimp still had the tails on so I peeled them before eating. A lot of the octopus tentacles were so hard they could not be chewed. The fake "crab leg meat" was unfit for human consumption. If quality ingredients and careful prep are not an option, this soup should be taken off the menu.

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Traveling home from the mountains of New Mexico, I checked out trip advisor for lunch in Dumas TX. The top choice was closed on Sunday so we chose Mariscos because of the great reviews. We considered what reviewers had to say and got the buffet. I usually prefer to order off menu for a variety of reasons; sanitary concerns, ability to take leftovers which helps with the temptation to overeat, food temps, etc ... The buffet worked on several levels. We were one of a handful of non-Mexicans in the restaurant and not as familiar with authentic Mexican as opposed to Tex Mex food. The buffet also allowed us to get small tastes of all we wanted so we could return for seconds (or thirds). The salad bar portion was small and very American. My husband did a taste test and nothing he said made me want to try the salads but I would think they would be more than acceptable to most palates. I don't know if they change up the buffet or keep the same dishes. The enchiladas were yummy with a wonderfully piquant salsa verde. A bit too salty but still good. I believe my husband said the fish was tilapia. It was cooked whole which made it very moist and flavorful even with the eyes staring at you. There was a meat dish that was possibly carne asada - very flavorful. I also enjoyed the chicken cooked with chiles that would have been great with the corn or flour tortillas (your choice) brought to the table. I'm not one to typically enjoy refried beans and Mexican rice but this was good! I deem them "seconds worthy". Typically in a Mexican restaurant I will end up pouring the salsa on my food and ask for more so I can have a little heat and flavor. They have a salsa bar with great variety but I was very happy with the flavors as is. They had several other dishes as well as a sweet, delectable iced spice cake. Your soda or tea is included with the meal. I also saw a huge hamburger with fries being delivered to a table. Looked good. Don't expect anything fancy but come hungry.

1  Thank bandhtravels

Been to Mariscos La Quinta? Share your experiences!