“Our Room Was Great”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Our room was clean, spacious and had everything we needed. We thought the beds were really comfortable. On our way out, we were able to order breakfast from the menu to take with us. Bennigans was perfect for a cocktail. And it seemed that every place we needed to go was 8 minutes away. We used Uber, and our drivers were great.

Room Tip: King Suite was spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I've been staying at this Holiday Inn Express off and on for the last 4 years. It is beginning to get run down. The carpet in my room was old, the room was musty and damp smelling, and the walls need to be repainted. Around 9:45 pm, one of the rooms a few doors down had two dogs that starting barking. This continued for about 30 minutes or so. Not only was it annoying, I didn't realize this hotel allowed patrons to have dogs in the rooms. The most important thing I have a complaint about was the cost of the room. Evidently, there was some event going on in the area, as most of the hotels had no available rooms. I usually pay around $115 a night to stay at this hotel which is a decent value for an older hotel. However, for this stay, I was charged $155 for the one night, With tax it came out to $177. This is NOT a $150 a night hotel! I do not appreciate the policy of raising the prices because of a higher demand due to local events. I know most hotels do this, but as an Honors member and someone that stays here fairly often, I don't appreciate being taken for more money.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear 174btw,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate your above average rating on staff service and location. However, it is regrettable your stay was inconvenienced by the dated condition of the hotel facility, the noise level from the barking dogs, and the rate which did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be improved. I have this information documented and it will be forwarded to the hotel management for review and to take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional service and accommodation on your next visit.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

No hotels or inns are perfect and this one falls into that category. Minimal parking since it's location is cramped in with two shops in front and its snack vending machine is lacking. But don't let that chase you away. The rooms are comfortable and accommodating with a microwave, fridge, and Coffee maker. The beds are comfortable and clean with sets of labeled pillows for your sleep needs.
Bathroom is equipped with a hair blow dryer and a gracious amount of towels which is normally something I find lacking in even more upscale inns and hotels.

I would definitely stay here again if I come to Elgin with my family

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2017

We were displaced from our home on Monday Feb20th, 2017, due to a tornado in our small town of Elgin, Texas. We called other hotels in the area and in Manor, Texas which is a 10 minute drive and no one was even remotely interested in helping our community except for Holiday Inn Express in Elgin, Texas.
They gave us a room for our family of 5, half off from the normal rate, which included free breakfast for the family.
THANK YOU TO THE MANAGEMENT, STAFF, AND EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS DISCOUNT TO OUR COMMUNITY.
There were many families that needed help and you all stepped up to the plate.

The rooms were clean, comfortable, spacious, and the staff was top notch. I would stay here again but I live a mile from here. I will always from this point on recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place here in Elgin.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Hotel was as expected of a Holiday Inn. Good breakfast and clean rooms. The lady at the desk, Muna I believe was her name, was a real pleasure both nights we stayed and helped with our complicated schedule and check in process. Will stay again in future.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

I'm a traveller by trade so I stay in a lot of hotels.
We spent 3 nights here for the USGP F1 race. I was told the place was run down but the other Austin hotels were full. Your first impression is that the property is in need of maintenance. Paint cleaning and minor wall holes and scrapes. The side doors and walls are pretty beat up. There are 4 pillars in front, one has been hit by a truck or something and is crooked and bashed in. The rooms smell funny and if you look hard you can tell there isn't a lot of floor cleaning going on here. The main issue was upon arriving at 7PM our 3rd night, the room wasn't even cleaned yet! Apparently I was told: "there were 25 rooms booked the night before and they didn't have enough help/time to clean them". Management is clearly at fault here. The person at the front desk made the breakfast that Sunday morning "because someone didn't show up for work". No one bothered to leave clean towels no note or even a phone message. No attemp was made to inform us the room wasn't serviced. We had to initiate a complaint and then the front desk admitted they were aware of the issue and told us there were too many rooms to clean. They delivered towels but didn't clean the room or make beds. I never saw the owner or a manager cleaning, washing towels or handling the problem. Holiday Inn should inspect and then decertify this property. It wouldn't make the grade as a Motel 6.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear Shammwow,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please allow us to apologize for the unexpected experience you had with the service you received from our staff and the condition of our facility fell below your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 October 2016

This is one of the smaller Holiday Inn Express locations in which my wife and I have stayed. It is situated behind businesses fronting Hwy. 290 with an entrance drive leading to and from the highway.

I found the front desk staff to be efficient and the lady who runs the breakfast area very conscientious. Otherwise this was just an average hotel.

The room was on the small size, but the bathrooms were nice, and everything worked as intended.

I am rating the property as average, reminding myself that Elgin is a small town, and large and elaborate hotels are not likely to found in this area. However, if you like small hotels, this one is fine.

J. Randolph Smith
Monroe, LA

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Elgin-HIEX, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Thank you for your candid review. We have shared your compliment with our staff. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Elgin Texas.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
25.5 km away
25.3 km away
Quality Inn Bastrop
Quality Inn Bastrop
#3 of 9 in Bastrop

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin? Share your experiences!