All reviews old west bonnie and clyde wooden shutters step back in time celebrity suite rueben provide ear plugs davy crockett water closet white elephant cattle drive western experience authentic texas lots of history billy bob's western feel western theme
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Stockyard Hotel is a quaint historic hotel. Lots of history, well maintained given that its old. Bed is kinda lumpy. Love the bathroom and the windows. Since it is in the crossroads, its kinda noisy especially at night. It was unfortunate that my room is towards the corner and my neighbor is smoking, every night and early morning cigarette smoke smell fills my room coming from the bathroom. I think, the adjacent room shares bents with the room i stayed on. Food is great at the H3 ranch. Must try is the Cattlemen Restaurant .... steak is the best.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

We had so much fun! It was our anniversary so we chose a place nearby. This hotel is right in the heart of it all! Restaurants, shopping, rodeos, horseback riding, ghost walks, a winery, bars, concerts...but we actually had so much fun at the hotel we barely left! Our room (Cowboy Corner) was incredible. It was so spacious. The decor had us feeling like we’d stepped back in time, yet we had all the modern comforts and luxuries. The little card table and leather seated chairs were so comfortable that we sat and played cards and drank whiskey like old cowboys. The bar downstairs is NICE and has everything you could want. The H3 restaurant in the hotel is to die for (especially the weekend breakfast menu)!!! Hands down the best breakfast we’ve ever had! We’re definitely going to make this a yearly tradition.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leigha R
Reviewed August 23, 2018

What a fantastic experience in the Ft. Worth stockyards, we have family there and they recommended the Stockyards Hotel, we got in early and walked around and looked in all the shops there. We settled for burgers and beer and watched the Longhorns parade down Exchange Av, another interesting story there !

Room tip: I am not sure there is a bad room .
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

We take our grandchildren on a trip to a place in the USA that they choose for their 12th birthday. I spend a lot of time trying to make it special and something they will remember forever as a time together. This year, our grandson said “Texas”. I was struggling with what exactly he wanted & decided it was a cowboy, western experience. This was stop one. I spoke to Zach and Brandon several times about what I wanted in terms of a room & things to do. They suggested the Texas Suite , which was perfect. Brandon talked about things to do & sent a list of suggestions.
Max loved the hotel with its western furnishings and themes. He enjoyed sitting on the bar stool that was a saddle and having a root beer, as well as trying a chicken fried steak in their restaurant and the “ best table-side “ guacamole ever!
Everyone was so friendly. One of the valet parkers( Maria?) came over to our table & showed him how to put his hat on the table. They also suggested we go next door to Fincher’s where Casey helped him
find his cowboy hat & put in a band and steamed it for him. Angie helped him find the right cowboy shirt & jeans.
He loved this hotel!
We all enjoyed it thoroughly. As we were leaving, Brandon said to him, “ Set your goal and always keep working toward it.”
( as an aside, they had black washcloths for make-up removal which I thought was an excellent idea.)
He said he wouldn’t ever want to leave this hotel except he was looking forward to the second stop on our trip.
Thanks, everyone, for making it so special!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2018

My husband loves the Stockyards and the hotel! We celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary here. The atmosphere of being in Western times is really neat. We also enjoyed the H3 Ranch Steakhouse, dancing and shopping.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple