“Excellent Dinner”
Review of Istanbul Grill

Istanbul Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Istanbul Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,886 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Reviewed March 20, 2018

Istanbul Grill served an excellent Turkish dinner. We started with babaganush and zucchini pancake for appetizers. Our delicious entrees included moussakka, lamb shank, and beef shish. All were perfectly cooked and truly authentic Turkish cuisine, as verified by my wife who lived in Turkey for a few years. This was truly an unexpected find in Sundance Square providing quality meals and offering a full service bar. Service was attentive. My wife enjoyed conversation with the waitress about experiences in Turkey and lamenting the unfortunate changes in that country. I highly recommend Istanbul Grill for an alternative to the usual steak, barbecue, and Mexican restaurants.

1  Thank BillM551

Reviewed March 14, 2018

I ate here for lunch. It's pretty fancy looking inside but the lunch prices are reasonable. It's 11.99 for an appetizer and main course (plus they give you pita bread and yogurt dip). I used to live in Turkey and also go back from time to time. I had the Kofte (they call it Turkish meatballs) which came with rice and grilled veggies. This was the absolute best Turkish food I've had outside of Turkey. It actually tasted fresh from the grill as did the vegetables. Rice was very flavorful. The borek was very authentic as well. If you like Turkish food, highly recommend.

1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed March 10, 2018

WE ate dinner at lovely Istanbul Grill last night. The waitress was very friendly and kind and efficient. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Several dishes on the menu were unfamiliar to us but the menu gave a good description which proved to be accurate.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

We dined early on a Saturday evening, arriving about 5pm. Food was beautifully served and the cabbage rolls were delicious. Despite some confusion about which plate belonged to which person, servers were very attentive and pleasant. At $10–15 per entree, prices are reasonable and there was plenty to eat. I will likely return next time I am downtown.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Gem80013
Reviewed February 13, 2018

After hearing rave reviews from my office colleagues, I decided to try this place today for lunch. Wow! Really great food! The offer a lunch special where you choose one appetizer and one meal. The Greek Salad was my appetizer and it was the best salad I've ever had. Lots of feta cheese and olives...no skimping whatsoever. The main course consisted of grilled chicken over rice and grilled fresh veggies. I'm not sure what marinade they used, but it was really good! The atmosphere was elegant without being snobby. Lot of wine choices, which I would have loved if I didn't have to go back to work. Wait staff very attentive. Now I want to go back and try other things on the menu! Cost was $12.95 for all lunch choices.

Date of visit: February 2018