“Commendatory Comments - Creekside Cafe”

Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle
Ranked #23 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Dear Trip Advisor,

By way of introduction, my name is George Murray, a retired US Marine Officer with travel and service to 66 countries. I would like to provide commendatory comments regarded the truly outstanding cuisine and service by the Staff of the Creekside Cafe.

Particularly, Manager Grant Raddatz,, Chef Angelo Collins and server Michael Wiley were consistently superior and made every meal a veritable feast and a most enjoyable experience. Their genuine courtesy and consideration were simply unparalleled to anything I'd experienced in many years of travel.

Mr Raddatz has clearly established an outstanding climate which allows superb people, like Mr Collins and Mr Wiley to deliver their best. Please accept these comments and with it a recommendation that these gentlemen are recognized for their superior contributions.

Best regards,

George W. Murray
LtCol USMC(ret)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank USMCret03

Reviewed 14 May 2011

Over the last eight years, I've probably stayed at this hotel at least 50 times because I have business in the area. I always try to get a room here first, but unfortunately, it's often booked up. There are only three complaints I can think of, and admittedly, they are all very minor. The first is the location. There are no restaurants or bars very close, so you must resort to the hotel bar and restaurant. They are OK, not great. Secondly, this is a Pepsi hotel. If you want a Diet Coke, you're out of luck; bring your own. Thirdly, the channel choice on the TV is pretty sparse. Other than those three issues, I love staying there. It's a really nice hotel and really well run.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kjascraft
Reviewed 4 May 2011

This hotel hosted out national specialty for the American Maltese Association, I can not say enough about how positive the experience there was. The staff was attentive, friendly and quick to assist us.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank CloudClan
Reviewed 18 April 2011

The manager at this hotel, Leah, went out of her way to assist me with obtaining some important personal items during my stay. In my 10+ years of business travel experience, I have never been treated as well as I was here. I called the hotel before my flight arrived at DFW to inquire about where I could obtain the items that I needed, and Leah offered to have a hotel staff person obtain the items for me. The items were there for me when I arrived, and I was soooo grateful! In addition to great customer service, the hotel is really nice, clean, and comfy. I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JessSanDiego_CA
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Very nice place to stay. close to Texas motorspeedway. I always stay there when in the area or for racing. I recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I requested a 4 star hotel and was given a 3 star hotel!! I am very upset, with priceline NOT the hotel itself. This isnt the hotels fault. The hotel upgraded us to a mini suite, free internet (this is usually a 10.00 fee) and free breakfast as well as an upper floor with a king over looking the golf course (thanks Rafi). I'm happy with the price after upgrades, now that i paid but very unhappy with priceline due to the fact after 3 phone calls they still say the hotel is 4 stars when the hotel themselves stated they are 3 stars! So go and stay here, have fun, its a nice place, BUT do not bid for a 4 star hotel in this area and expect to get that quality. There is shopping (southlake town square rocks) nearby but you have to drive to get anywhere..its pretty remote area. The area is beautiful, and please go to Southlake Town square for upscale shopping and a great movie theater and fine dining. Try the Brio, its the bomb!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank libbyswin
Reviewed 21 February 2011

The hotel itself was pretty nice, with comfy beds, nice grounds, and modern rooms, but the restaurant needs a lot of work. We were the first ones seated the night we arrived, and it took them an hour to bring us our food, not to mention we watched a burger sit on the hot plate for 40 minutes without being served. I'm not kidding. The food WAS good, but the wait was annoying. It wasn't much better at breakfast either, with the buffet specialty being "huevos rubberos" aka, rubber eggs. The staff was just not very good. This hotel is out in the middle of nowhere, so you are going to need a car to get places. Overall, the building itself is nice, but based on the location, this isn't the best choice Marriott I've been to.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
#75 of 114 in Fort Worth
Hilton Fort Worth
Hilton Fort Worth
#10 of 114 in Fort Worth

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle

Address: 3300 Championship Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76177 (Formerly Doral Tesoro Hotel and Golf Club)
Region: United States > Texas > Fort Worth
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Green Hotel in Fort Worth
#5 Luxury Hotel in Fort Worth
#12 Romantic Hotel in Fort Worth
#23 Business Hotel in Fort Worth
Price Range: $87 - $260 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle 4*
Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle is a top choice among Dallas Fort Worth Hotels in Texas, offering a pristine location that overlooks an extraordinary 18-hole Jay Morrish golf course. Our hotel is also adjacent to the Texas Motor Speedway. Fort Worth is an ideal place for your next business or pleasure trip, full of thrilling attractions, world-class museums, and performing arts centers. For your visit to Fort Worth or Downtown Dallas, make Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle your home away from home. Our Fort Worth Golf Club hotel is conveniently located just minutes from Sundance Square, bursting with fine stores and restaurants, and the nearby Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District. Our hotel offers a full host of features for corporate travelers including flexible meeting space as well as expert event planners and catering. Stay at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle and experience it all. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Hotel And Golf Club At Champions Circle