“Wow”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Julie's Fresh Kitchen
Reviewed 28 April 2012

What a great little cafe. The bread is especially fantastic and the portion sizes are hugh and the prices are very reasonable. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have eaten here many times and the service is always good as well as the food. Though the food is often unseasoned which I believe is due to the more mature crowd that dines there, the food is still pretty good.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

When I travel, I try to seek out small, local restaurants to get a real flavor for an area (and to support small businesses).

This was my intent when I headed to Julie's Fresh Kitchen in Fort Worth, Texas. After a long day of work, I was ready to eat my first meal of the day at 5 p.m., and I thought a good, solid meal would hit the spot.

The atmosphere at Julie's did nothing for me, and it should have been my first clue to head elsewhere. It looks as though the restaurant is in the midst of an update (a sign stating such would be good), as the walls appeared freshly painted and displayed local art and the light fixtures were charming and modern. The ugly cement floor looked as though someone had just removed a flooring above it, but again this is only a guess.

I was seated promptly and provided a beverage, and my server did bring a menu soon after I was seated (the two biggest positives for this establishment). I ordered the cajun catfish with the broccoli and rice casserole and squash. I don't know how the catfish qualified as cajun. Thought it was thoroughly cooked, there was absolutely no seasoning beyond the basic flavor. It was fine as a broiled catfish, but since I was expecting something with a kick I was disappointed.

The broccoli rice casserole was fine, but the squash was a major disappointment. Not only did it appear like it was not thoroughly combined and not seasoned, there were seeds from the squash in it! Yuck! The cornbread served with the meal was decent, but not outstanding.

As much as I expected to enjoy a meal of comfort food, I felt like I'd missed an opportunity to give another local eatery my business that might have in turn provided me with a meal that I'd remember in a positive light.

1  Thank Bee_and_El
A TripAdvisor Member
weatherford, texas
Reviewed 28 March 2006

I recently attended an inservice @ the local hospital I work at where the food was catered by Julie's. The menu was turkey & dressing, gravy, green beans, rolls, cranberry sauce and individual pies (sweet potato, pecan and pumpkin) I cannot say how EXCELLENT! it all was, except to say that after the first bite of dressing all I could utter was "Oh, my gosh! This is like my mom's dressing!" and after the second bite "No, it's better than my mom's!" And the dressing was not the only thing to write home about. The rolls were wonderful, with an excellent texture and (almost)sweet, yeasty flavor. The green beans and giblet gravy were also very good. The chart topper was the pie @ the end of the meal. I had the sweet potato and it was out of this world, not too sweet and not overpowering with allspice. The crust was flaky with a light buttery flavor. What made all of this such a delight was that we were served this meal at the end of March, so it was a real treat to have such a wonderful "out of season" meal. I would definitely recommend Julie's catering to any one whether for a corporate function or a personal or private event.