“Food Is Tops!!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Julie's Fresh Kitchen
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've got to say this place has some of the best food around. We usually go to Red Lobster or Rockfish for catfish but this place beats those places out! You can have catfish everyday here and it's not rolled out paper thin but a nice big thick piece of fish. Have it baked, grilled, fried, or cajun it's all so good! The mashed potatoes are real here and talk about the BIG chickenfried steak wow!! Oh and the bread offering is great, home style biscuits, cornbread, yeast rolls. and those delicious cheddarbay biscuits, yum!! This is my new home place to eat now. OK, the atmosphere isn't like the big chain restaurants but it's the food I came for! Yes, the service is a bit frantic but you do get decent service. It's takes alot to switch but I'm now hooked on Julie's!

Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Poor service, cold mashed potatoes glasses were sticky , more then one fly buzzin around you and waitress was wearing a very dirty red shirt.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

What a great little cafe. The bread is especially fantastic and the portion sizes are hugh and the prices are very reasonable. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have eaten here many times and the service is always good as well as the food. Though the food is often unseasoned which I believe is due to the more mature crowd that dines there, the food is still pretty good.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

When I travel, I try to seek out small, local restaurants to get a real flavor for an area (and to support small businesses).

This was my intent when I headed to Julie's Fresh Kitchen in Fort Worth, Texas. After a long day of work, I was ready to eat my first meal of the day at 5 p.m., and I thought a good, solid meal would hit the spot.

The atmosphere at Julie's did nothing for me, and it should have been my first clue to head elsewhere. It looks as though the restaurant is in the midst of an update (a sign stating such would be good), as the walls appeared freshly painted and displayed local art and the light fixtures were charming and modern. The ugly cement floor looked as though someone had just removed a flooring above it, but again this is only a guess.

I was seated promptly and provided a beverage, and my server did bring a menu soon after I was seated (the two biggest positives for this establishment). I ordered the cajun catfish with the broccoli and rice casserole and squash. I don't know how the catfish qualified as cajun. Thought it was thoroughly cooked, there was absolutely no seasoning beyond the basic flavor. It was fine as a broiled catfish, but since I was expecting something with a kick I was disappointed.

The broccoli rice casserole was fine, but the squash was a major disappointment. Not only did it appear like it was not thoroughly combined and not seasoned, there were seeds from the squash in it! Yuck! The cornbread served with the meal was decent, but not outstanding.

As much as I expected to enjoy a meal of comfort food, I felt like I'd missed an opportunity to give another local eatery my business that might have in turn provided me with a meal that I'd remember in a positive light.

1  Thank Bee_and_El