“Great Beds, Great Value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnuson Hotel Fossil Creek

Magnuson Hotel Fossil Creek
Ranked #79 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Ada, Oklahoma
“Great Beds, Great Value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed at this property for 3 nights, the beds are GREAT, the staff is friendly and the price was right.

The staff bends over backwards to meet your needs and Gus the General Manager went out of his way to say hello and make sure everything was perfect for my stay. Dollar for Dollar you won't go wrong with this property.

Room Tip: I could look out my window and see I-35, however I could not really hear the interstate, however you...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Roanoke, Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Rooms clean, front desk very accomodating, breakfast good and room clean. Biggest compliment, thought near I 35 West the rooms were quiet.

Room Tip: No interstate or community noise, quiet!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

I usually stay at another hotel in the area but they were booked. Took a chance based on location. Started off bad and never got better. The desk clerk checked men in while carrying on a conversation in Spanish with a friend. Obviously the distraction affected her ability to perform her job as she sent me to the wrong room. The entire place smells like pine sol but there is no evidence of regular cleaning. Carpets are dirty throughout. The sub floors are horrible. You can hear people walking around above you. The walls are just as thin. I will suff through one night but will not be back.

• Stayed January 2012
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

This is our second stay here, mainly because it is close to our son's house. This is a run of the mill average motel, with nothing special. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, the breakfasts are adequate. If you want the Ritz, this is not it, but if you just need a clean place for a night or two, this place will work well. I will say that on both of our stays, there have been mechanical issues with either the air conditioner ( on our first stay ) or the ice machines. There was only one ice machine in service for the entire motel. Needless to say, there was very little ice available.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Chickasha, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I made reservations through Hotwire and was surprised that we got a Best Western. I thought it would be a great experience. We arrived about 10 pm on the Friday night of Labor Day weekend. We have 2 children age 2 and under, so I went in to check things out and take our luggage up to the room. I got to the room we had reserved and it was so hot in there WITH the air conditioner on that I went back to the front desk to ask for another room. The weekend desk staff was very accommodating and gave us a King Jacuzzi suite. The air conditioning worked in that room but the compressor was going out of the unit and made very loud noises every 15-30 minutes, so between our baby and the a/c unit, we got very little sleep the second night. I mentioned it to the General Manager on Saturday morning because he was working the front desk. He explained that he was waiting on new units to be sent to install. When we check out on Monday, the person at the front desk was very nice and when I mentioned the a/c again, she wanted to make sure I had told the general manager.

It was clean and the continental breakfast was a basic breakfast. It has a great location and is close to several restaurants and easy access to I35.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed here while having my household goods packed and picked up for a move to Hawaii. My usual place was not offering discounts and the rate at this hotel was about $35/night less. The room was okay, although the air conditioner was not turned on until I arrived and given the heat wave with 100 degree-plus temperatures, it was unbearable for the first few hours. I had to leave and return later in order to let the AC cool the room sufficiently to get some sleep.

I liked the location, close to the freeway, yet far enough that there was no highway noise. There are several restaurants within walking distance and several more just across the freeway. There is shopping a short distance north on I-35. Downtown Fort Worth is only about ten miles. There are several very nice golf courses near this hotel. The Texas Motor Speedway is about seventeen miles north. Burlington Northern Sante Fe railroad corporate HQ is about one mile west of this location.

I did not try the free breakfast because there were several nice restaurants close to the hotel. I would stay here again, but people not familiar with the local area might struggle a bit with the traffic along Interstate 35. Knowing your way around the surface streets to avoid the freeway traffic makes this location a lot more tolerable.

Room Tip: Prepay on Travel Advisor for the best rates and join Best Western's frequent stay program
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

rooms were unkempt. Dust in every corner. rude staff. ran out of juice in the morning. stale muffins. poorly lit rooms. overall poor excuse for lodging. did i mention rude staff....

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple