“Good Hotel for the Money”

Magnuson Hotel Fossil Creek
Ranked #80 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Hotel for the Money”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my friend while we were in Fort Worth for a concert. It was great--good service, fantastic breakfast and everything in good working condition and clean. The only problem I had was with the sheets staying on the bed, they kept popping off at the corners which I didn't like but nothing huge to fret about.

Overall, great hotel for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 April 2012

There was really nothing wrong with this hotel at all. It seemed to be used pretty hard and showed it a bit, but they were keeping it well maintained. Pretty strong smell of cleaning chemicals so if you're among those bothered by that be forewarned. The desk staff was very attentive and friendly. Beds average, bedding was kind of light. For the price it was a good value. We only stayed one night traveling on business, don't know how well it would sit with me for a more extended stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Ada, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed at this property for 3 nights, the beds are GREAT, the staff is friendly and the price was right.

The staff bends over backwards to meet your needs and Gus the General Manager went out of his way to say hello and make sure everything was perfect for my stay. Dollar for Dollar you won't go wrong with this property.

Room Tip: I could look out my window and see I-35, however I could not really hear the interstate, however you...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Roanoke, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Rooms clean, front desk very accomodating, breakfast good and room clean. Biggest compliment, thought near I 35 West the rooms were quiet.

Room Tip: No interstate or community noise, quiet!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Texas
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I usually stay at another hotel in the area but they were booked. Took a chance based on location. Started off bad and never got better. The desk clerk checked men in while carrying on a conversation in Spanish with a friend. Obviously the distraction affected her ability to perform her job as she sent me to the wrong room. The entire place smells like pine sol but there is no evidence of regular cleaning. Carpets are dirty throughout. The sub floors are horrible. You can hear people walking around above you. The walls are just as thin. I will suff through one night but will not be back.

• Stayed January 2012
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 20 December 2011

This is our second stay here, mainly because it is close to our son's house. This is a run of the mill average motel, with nothing special. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, the breakfasts are adequate. If you want the Ritz, this is not it, but if you just need a clean place for a night or two, this place will work well. I will say that on both of our stays, there have been mechanical issues with either the air conditioner ( on our first stay ) or the ice machines. There was only one ice machine in service for the entire motel. Needless to say, there was very little ice available.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Chickasha, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I made reservations through Hotwire and was surprised that we got a Best Western. I thought it would be a great experience. We arrived about 10 pm on the Friday night of Labor Day weekend. We have 2 children age 2 and under, so I went in to check things out and take our luggage up to the room. I got to the room we had reserved and it was so hot in there WITH the air conditioner on that I went back to the front desk to ask for another room. The weekend desk staff was very accommodating and gave us a King Jacuzzi suite. The air conditioning worked in that room but the compressor was going out of the unit and made very loud noises every 15-30 minutes, so between our baby and the a/c unit, we got very little sleep the second night. I mentioned it to the General Manager on Saturday morning because he was working the front desk. He explained that he was waiting on new units to be sent to install. When we check out on Monday, the person at the front desk was very nice and when I mentioned the a/c again, she wanted to make sure I had told the general manager.

It was clean and the continental breakfast was a basic breakfast. It has a great location and is close to several restaurants and easy access to I35.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family