“Interesting place, food didn't work for me”

Cannon Chinese Kitchen
Ranked #170 of 1,734 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Description: What makes our concept different? We are not your typical Chinese restaurant (American or Traditional). We utilize fresh produce and quality meats prepared with unique Chinese ingredients in our creation of flavorful dishes. There is a major emphasis on freshness and quality – many dishes and sauces are prepared from scratch. Set in a restored 1930s home, striking wallpaper and plush furniture help create a fun environment with the warmth of dining at grandma’s.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Neat location, amazing server. Lots of cats outside I assume chasing mice, which makes me feel assured they aren't in the food..seriously, lots of cats. I had an issue with the "traditional" bottle of Maggi MSG on the table. So the food my friend ate was "meh". I dashed to QuikTrip for a Tabcin (baking soda) and Chloretrimeton to stop the allergic reaction I was having. The shrimp balls were nerfy and tough to chew. Not going back unless if is for coffee and dessert. The prices are high enough to justify using actual spices, rather than dousing bland food with MSG.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

This our first visit to this friendly, cozy, rather quaint Chinese Food Restaurant, & it was a delight to find such s site in a true neighborhood setting! Time will change the neighborhood into the usual collage of law offices, & various other business sites interspersed with local homeowners, but I have an intuition that the Cannon Restaurant will endure the tide of this inevitable aspect of urbanization. Why? First, the food is “drop-dead” delicious, with almost exotic flavors & diverse textures bang-on perfect; Second, the menu offers a distinctive range of choices that I have come to conceptualize as “Asian-Fusion,” which transforms the culinary boundaries of the triad of “Chinese-Thai-Vietnamese” seasoning into a morphed, incredibly mouthwatering, & quietly unexpected variety of food; & Third, the service is comfortably cordial & personalized insofar that you might think that you are the only customer in the restaurant or at the table! Give this place a try, & the only regret that you may have is that did not also order “take-out” for a midnight snack!

3  Thank John H
Reviewed February 5, 2018

This place is absolutely awesome! Opens at 5:00 on weekends which is a great time to go as by 6:00 it is full and people waiting. They will take reservations. Everyone should order something different as it is served in stages and family style. Don't miss this place!

1  Thank Patrick S
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Took the kids here to try someplace new, and what a great surprise! A Chinese tapa bar !
Absolutely wonderful... while I didn’t like all the food (personal taste) all of the food we ordered was hot, delicious- extremely well presented.
I loved the dumplings and (surprisingly) the scallion pancake thingy!!
Very traditional yet chic style, the waitstaff was very attentive and helpful. We had a great lunch and would go back in a heartbeat!

1  Thank KylesDad
Reviewed December 27, 2017

I love the way you could build your own basket for lunch. This place not only had great food, but great service. Ran across it by accident looking for another place, but glad we tried this place. We will be back again whenever in Ft Worth.

1  Thank Dwayne A