“Best pizza so far”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

A strong welcome when a party of 4 very hot and hungry arrived. Quickly seated and given cold iced water as it was about 36 degrees outside. Waitress was great both as a server and tour guide. We had lamb meatballs which were a success with the youngest teenager. Vegetarian pizza and pizza with mushroom , artichoke. Base think and crispy. And to share the house salad full of fresh heirloom tomatoes , cucumber and feta cheese. A good menu something for everyone and reasonable ...

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a nice restaurant in downtown Fort Worth to celebrate a couple of birthdays. Taverna has a place around the corner from us in Plano but that was too easy.
The bruschetta was some sourdough bread that was grilled with a bowl of tasteless chopped tomatoes that had very little taste. This time of year there is no excuse for having anything but full of flavor fresh tomatoes with some garlic and basil. No Roma tomatoes!
We followed this with the black truffle risotto. This was cooked just right, but for $19 a bit much. The entree of halibut we were served was the tail end piece, not a center cut loin. For $29 I expect a reasonable piece of fish. Again it was lacking seasoning. I think there was a recurring theme. My friend had the chicken parmigiana. Since I did not taste it I cannot say anything about it other than it was expensive.
I can only hope that my Plano location will do a better job. One other thing is that I made it known to the manager that we had two birthdays and they completely dropped the ball. Very disappointed

Reviewed July 14, 2018

Asked the Pizza chef what his favorite pie is and after having him to repeat the name about 5x to me - we finally understood it's called the Salsiccia Pizza!

Great service and friendly conversation with bartender Jesse. PS - he's got some great stories. Just ask him - he'll tell ya. ;)

Pizza is awesome - place has a great vibe.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

They always have daily specials that tempt me away from the favorites. On Wednesdays, they have Half-price bottles of wine. This is one of my favorite pre-show restaurants.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Greeting was friendly, service was attentive and food was fresh.

Food was good with the exception of one piece of burnt bread that came out with the artichoke appetizer that should have never left the kitchen.

This is a higher end Italian restaurant chain. Typical of Italian cuisine where there are smaller courses.

Both the shrimp risotto and pasta were very good. Prices were slightly high for the portion.

Been to Taverna? Share your experiences!