“Local favorite”

Local Foods Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Foods Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #226 of 1,914 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Reviewed April 10, 2017

Great, small restaurant hidden in a shopping area. Excellent selection of fresh food. Patio area is very nice in good weather. Beer and wine only.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Atmosphere of the place is decent. A lot of the food looked good. I ordered the "Kale Caesar Salad" with chicken. I was disappointed that there was hardly any kale in it-it was mostly Romaine. When I questioned it, they promptly brought me a plate of kale to add to it. I took the 3 bits of kale from the original salad and the chicken and made my new salad (with lots of kale) at my table. My other complaint would be, like so many other restaurants, it was not a true Caesar dressing-just a creamy Parmesan. I love flavor, and I'm consistently disappointed by what restaurants call Caesar dressing.
All in all, I would eat here again. I will try something else next time.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank thehandychik
Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Breakfast at the Local Foods Kitchen is quite a treat .... Eggs cooked to order .. along with a ginormous selection of Omelette Ingredients .. Home Made breads and waffles .. along with Fresh Cut Fruit options ...And excellent Gourmet Coffee offerings help to get the day off to just the right start ... outside Dining adds to a casual atmosphere that assures your day will be one of your personal best ...!!!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

Our meal was a wonderful treat. We both ordered sandwiches. I had 1/2 tuna salad sandwich that was so good and very filling. My lunch companion had the salmon blt and enjoyed every bite but took the other half home. I garnished my water with the cut fruit at the beverage bar and enjoyed that as well. Look forward to returning there on my next venture to Ft Worth.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

I met friends here for lunch and it was awesome because I'm on a very restricted AIP diet and this place has plenty of fresh food that's not laden with sauces. The foods are prepared and in a glass case for you to choose from. I had grilled salmon, Brussels sprouts and a butternut squash kale salad. The taste was terrific. My only complaint would be the food was reheated to barely room temp. It would've been a lot better if it were hot or even very warm. We sat outside next to a trailing herb garden and it was very nice. The staff was very nice. I'll definitely try it again. It would be amazing for take out on a night I don't feel like cooking.

Date of visit: September 2016