“Super Sandwich Spot”

Local Foods Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Foods Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #158 of 1,858 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Their name says it all they serve local foods and produce, all freshly prepared on site.
This is what sets this restaurant apart from the crowd and why it always has a crowd.
It is tucked away a bit, only
in my opinion, it is the best sandwich spot in town.
Enjoy eating inside or out in very simple farm to table atmosphere, in tasteful and comfortable dining areas.
You order at the counter and your food is prepared and delivered to your table.
Know they serve much more than sandwiches. Freshly prepared entries, vegetable sides, salads are in chilled cases.
Enjoy a sandwich for lunch with friends then choose savory entrees and a few sides for take out to serve your family for dinner.
Don't forget dessert. A beautiful case of desserts can't be ignored. The Toffee Crunch cake is an fluffy, explosion on the taste buds of heavenly taste.
Their beverage and tea station has such lovely garnishes from fresh mint,lemon, orange to berries. Southern teas are traditionally served with such, it is not the almost impossible to drink syrupy sweet teas that are often passed off as Southern iced tea.
Locals and visitors alike, go and enjoy.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Really like this place! Great to see what you are ordering ahead of time. Great salads, although, the dressings on the Asian chicken and kale are way too sugary. Cucumber salad, watermelon salad, king ranch casserole and friendly staff are all fantastic!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Katie & her crew are always adding new dishes. Everything they make is delicious. The desserts are to die for!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed August 1, 2017

We came here for a light dinner one evening because we read about them on TripAdvisor. We really liked the concept they have -- you can order from a menu, or, you can walk back & forth along the food cases and choose what you'd like to eat. They have an entree, salad and dessert food case along with wine & beer. Everything is presented very nicely. We chose to order out of their food cases and my wife ordered a Restuffed Potato and Butternut Salad. I ordered (2) shrimp/crawfish cakes, cucumber salad and mango ice tea. One thing I want to mention is that a man - I'm assuming one of the owners - was chatting with a woman directly in front of the entree case. I waited and waited, looked at one end of the case and then had to walk around to see the other side. No attempt to move away from the case that sells their product! It was really rude in my opinion and I ended up rushing the item I selected. My wife really liked her potato and butternut salad. The best part of my meal was the mango ice tea. The shrimp/crawfish cakes were more like breading with seasoning and they gave me way more cucumber salad than what I ordered (and I paid for it). The score I would have given would have been much lower, but my wife liked her food too much. If we want to eat a lighter meal some evening again, we'll just go to the strip center across the street and go to Corner Bakery.

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank bohste
Reviewed May 15, 2017

Love it when I go into a place and someone makes me feel so important! It wasnt just me it was all of us and everyone is so happy. Love Local Foods Kitchen - they might be overwhelming because you dont know how to order but the staff quickly remedied this - I am loyal to them, our friends were new and equally happy! The food is fresh, colorful, and tastes good. I brought a casserole dish in last month and they filled it with my moms recipe for a family get together - its just so easy and they always just want to take it to the next level on service. thanks Local!

Date of visit: May 2017