“Best Meringue ever...”

Fredericksburg Pie Company
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a Family Team of 3 owned and operated. All our Pies are made from scratch. Whole pie and 1/2 pie take out only. Slices to eat in or take out.
Reviewed March 15, 2016

Their pie is the best i have ever had - period - awesome, awesome, awesome... No flavor is bad... The lemon and coconut are my repeat faves, the meringe? spelling? is so good, not sure what they do to it but even if u don't like meringue usually - u will ;)

1  Thank Jennifer M

Reviewed February 14, 2016

This mom, pop, and son operation is the best! Pies are homemade and absolutely delicious . It's difficult to choose a favorite but when in doubt, the Bourbon Orange Pecan is always a good choice.
We make trips to Fredericksburg several times a year and a "must stop" is this quaint house on Austin Street.

Reviewed February 13, 2016 via mobile

We went around 3 and there were only about 4 pies left and only a slice or two of those left. My husband got the key lime and I got the chocolate cream. They were very good. Cute little shop but go early because when they are out, they're out!

Reviewed February 13, 2016 via mobile

It looks homemade, and tastes great, nice little quirky place, with friendly staff. 100% recommended.

Reviewed February 3, 2016

I love desserts so was excited to try the pies at the Fredericksburg Pie Company. After narrowing it down, I tried a slice of the peach praline and the orange bourbon pecan. The orange bourbon pecan was by far the better of the two. The crust was flaky and not too heavy. The orange flavor was subtle but just enough while you get a little kick from the bourbon. Great variation on ordinary pecan pie.
Unfortunately I was not as excited with the pecan praline. The owner said that they use all fresh ingredients and that they can get fruits from South America all year long. While I applaud them for using fresh ingredients, the peaches were obviously not ripe. They were not sweet at all and still had a little "crunch" which should not be in cooked peaches. On the up side, the crust was flaky and thoroughly cooked. None of that gooey dough in the middle.
Overall, I still say worth the trip but I will wait until peaches are in season here to try this one again.