“Dinner on Friday”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Dinner was good but not remarkable. The service was awesome though. Creme brulet was awesome. Is on the West end of town, at a highway Y. I visited with a friend.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

We had a very good dinner at Friedhelm’s in Fredericksburg. The food was delicious and the best part of the evening. Very good German menu. Service was very good. However, the restaurant needs updated. It is old, dark, and musty. good German menu. Service was very good. However, the restaurant needs updated. It is old, dark, and musty.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Came for dinner as it was highly recommended. The menu was quite extensive and included a number of steak items that were different than I have seen elsewhere. The wienerschnitzel was very good - Moist and flavorful — and the sausage we good. Started with the cabbage and carrot soup was very good as well.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

My wife loves German food and hasn’t had any in many years, so when we visited Fredericksburg, we had to find some. Someone told us that the food here was legit so off we went. We started with a brat plate appetizer which was 3 different kinds with mustard; it was great and gone in short order. Next came a beef and cabbage soup which had a great flavor. Our main was jager schnitzel and potatoes which we both loved. Wonderful dinner.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 28, 2018

We've stopped at Friedhelms Bavarian Restaurant several times over the past few years. I had to take a moment and write about out latest visit. Outstanding! The three of us started with an appetizer of mixed German sausages, served with bread and spicy mustard. The portion was large enough for a meal.

I always like the Schnitzel and there are many variations on the menu. Our grandson wanted to try the fried catfish...yes in a German Restaurant. The catfish filet's were breaded and fried and dellicious. (I had to try them.) I always try the award winning spritzel. The soup or salad that accompanies the entree were very good.

Love the authentic atmosphere and the prompt, friendly service.

All that having been said,I didn't mention the wide selection of German and European beers and wines.

Highly recommended for an authentic German meal experience...but pricey.

Date of visit: July 2018