“Still delicious ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

Came here 7 years ago and it is still as delicious as it was back then. Our favorite thing is the flash fried oysters. They are worth the trip!!

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

This is such a fabulous place to dine when in Fredericksburg! It is not on the main street which might make it a turn off to some tourists, but that only enhances its appeal to me. It's just a couple minute drive south of town, though my husband and I have walked from the main street perfectly safely in about 10-15 minutes. The restaurant is in a cute old house and the rooms feel warm and cozy. The ambiance is friendly and romantic and the food is delicious. We had scallops and my husband had a crab topped redfish special the last time we were there--both so good. Reservations are a must as this place is small.

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I make our way to Fredericksburg 3-4 times a year and this place is a must for dinner. Their food is incredible, while occasionally their service can be a little slow with water and bread and salads etc but that just allows more time for conversation so I don't mind. I always order the filet medium. It's the best steak (filet) I've had to date. I'm not quite sure how the finishing touches are carried out but it's amazing. My wife prefers seafood and usually orders one of their fish specials. Last time was the redfish and she was blown away by the flavors. Hands down my favorite place for dinner in town. Can't beat the food or the wine list. I'm not sure how the chef does it but if he keeps it up this place will certainly become a destination dinner spot for anyone and everyone traveling to town.

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

This was recommended by some friends to get reservations for this place and they were closed when I called. We got to our hotel late in the day, too late for activities in Fredericksburg, so we decided to walk around the Main Street. It was early for dinner but we were hungry, and saw that this place as we walked so we asked if they had openings and they did. Beautiful upscale place with intimate rooms of about 4 tables and they assured we were dressed just fine even though we were not dressed up. My scallops were the best I've ever had and my husband loved his roast chicken. Good wine selection, very friendly. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Thejaynewells
Reviewed March 19, 2017

We had a reservation for 7 pm and were seated promptly. We did not order an appetizer. We ordered hot tea, but the water was not very hot. We were served one slice of warm bread. Eventually the waitress returned to take our order. We ordered the special. Then for almost an hour we sat waiting. Once the waitress asked if we wanted more tea. Otherwise no one returned to our table in all that time to check on our needs. The special was pretty good but pricey. We had to work to get the waitress' attention to ask for more bread, she delegated to a young man, but no bread arrived until we had asked 4 times. The dessert was great. We do not plan to return based on this service. By the way, it was our anniversary and we left a message to that effect when we confirmed the reservation, but no one acknowledged it.

3  Thank travelgirl3352