“great hotel”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Port Aransas, Texas
“great hotel”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

we stayed in hotel last week when the city was full , I would have to rate it outstanding, our room was very comfortable and spotless clean, the morning breakfast was the highlight for our family, just not having to eat out saved us most of the cost of the room..great location, everyone at the hotel went out of their way to insure we had a good time..will be back there and will send my friends, we go to the hill country often...a great hotel ...

Room Tip: for family get a premium suite..
3 Thank Douglas D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2012

A very clean, new hotel. We were lucky to get a cancellation because they are always full on a weekend. It is not as convenient to downtown as the Hampton, which is also fairly new, but it was a good stay. Unfortunately all hotel rooms in Fredericksburg are overpriced.

3 Thank TexBear44
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Stayed here during a two day family trip to see Fredericksburg and rock climb Enchanted Rock. The hotel was clean quiet and nice. Wal-mart next door for what have you's. The real call on hotels is price vs accommodation. We paid $130 per night for weeknights during Spring Break not including taxes and fees. We were 2 adults and 3 children in the Executive King suite. The room was clean and modernly furnished with flat screen, microwave, mini fridge, and coffee maker. Being the executive suite the room was large enough even for our rowdy family. The shower was heaven I have to say especially after a full day of hiking and rock climbing with the kids. The shower was grey granite, large, hot, and the varied sprays on the shower head made it almost the best part of the stay. My wife said when we got home she wished she could have taken the shower with us. This is a damn damn good place to stay. If i was forced to complain in anyway, and the only reason I gave this place a "Very Good" instead of "Excellent", just to be fully honest, it would be WiFi problems and location. The first night the WiFi did not cut it, but after we returned the next afternoon form our hike that problem was gone. Location wise, it is about a mile or so away from historic downtown Fredericksburg. If you don't have a car and you are there for the town, I can see a problem. We had a car and were mainly there for Enchanted Rock with the town as a secondary enjoyment. The Hampton Inn and Suites is in town and they have balconies so maybe we will try that next time just for a different experience, but the La Quinta was so good I feel a little guilty rating it a 4. If you want Mexican food eat at Mamacitas. If you want German, The Auslander.

Room Tip: Room 300. The whole hotel is at the far end of town with only a walmart in the area so its quiet. 30...
3 Thank cloud8a
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We've been to several B&B's in the Fredericksburg area; however, they haven't had many good choices when it comes to hotels in the past. We decided to try the La Quinta since we hadn't been there in awhile. The room seemed clean as far as we could tell, but the bed about killed our backs in the morning. Bed comfort is a subjective subject so someone else may like a very bouncy bed that felt like it was decades old. I was afraid to take off the fitted sheet just to take a look. Other than that, I've never like coffee pots in the bathroom (that's just nasty considering how toilets spray when you flush-no lids on these toilets) and the walls are very thin. Bottom line, it worked for the short 2 days we were there, but I'd probably look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michele L
round rock, tx usa
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Bathroom counter dirty, toilet dirty, coffee pot dirty, no soap in room, wifi drops every 3-5 minutes.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pat n
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2012

It is a pet peeve (no pun intended) of mine when hotels advertise 'pets are welcome' on their website, with no restrictions mentioned, and then on arrival you are told - not in the friendliest of manners - that only dogs under 25 lbs are allowed. Not the news you want to hear after a long day of driving. I had to leave and find other lodgings for the night - it was 5.30pm.

The manageress did not seem too bothered. When I suggested they should say 'dogs under 25lbs welcome' on their website she just shrugged her shoulders and said she was not aware of what the website said. Great. I thought this was the era of online booking. It is totally false advertising as far as I am concerned.

And this whole size-ist thing is an issue with me. I suspect 80% of dogs out there are over 25lbs. And btw large dogs are in general pretty mellow, the little pooches can be yappy and territorial.

I agree it is up the the individual hotel to make policies but don't 'say one thing and do another'!! I probably would not have even written this review if the attitude of the manageress had been apologetic or concerned. too bad. And for any one interested I went to the Best Western Plus and the warmest of welcomes; my dogs too!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Jill C
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I travel all over the US and stay exclusively at La Quinta Inns. I will never stay at this location. The staff and particularly the manager are extremely rude and obnoxious. Their pet policy is terrible and threatening and out of sink with the other La Quintas.

• Stayed February 2012